Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Navy P-3 wives around?!?

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Question Any Navy P-3 wives around?!?

Advertisements
    Feel free to PM me.

I was just wondering what deployment and shore duty life is like. TIA!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    as you know, DH isnt a pilot. But he said the P-3 and helo pilots are the best to work with concerning air traffic control
  3. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    I am a P-3 wifey Deployments are COMPLETELY different than boat depending on where he goes for his deployment really sets how it will go. DH was in Japan, the Philliapiens, Guam etc. There was daily contact (sometimes entirely too much) Lots of good pay and well...what else do you wanna know?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    DH was a P3 guy, but we couldn't get P3 orders this time, so he had to change platforms. I loved the p3 deployments because they were so predictable for the most part. No work ups.....
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    as you know, DH isnt a pilot. But he said the P-3 and helo pilots are the best to work with concerning air traffic control

Well that's good to know!!!
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    I am a P-3 wifey Deployments are COMPLETELY different than boat depending on where he goes for his deployment really sets how it will go. DH was in Japan, the Philliapiens, Guam etc. There was daily contact (sometimes entirely too much) Lots of good pay and well...what else do you wanna know?

Wow! Those are awesome deployment ports! I'll definitely make sure to have my passport updated. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it's like. All I know about are fast attack subs...HAHA!!! DEFINITELY sounds much different...maybe even BETTER!

Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    DH was a P3 guy, but we couldn't get P3 orders this time, so he had to change platforms. I loved the p3 deployments because they were so predictable for the most part. No work ups.....

AWESOME!!!!! DH said P-3s were probably the best for family life.
  7. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    DH said P-3s were probably the best for family life.
    That's how we felt. DH wasn't a pilot either.

We were able to plan things around predictable deployment shedules, have lots of webcam time (DD was born while he was gone but knew DH when he came home due to seeing him everyday on the webcam), and lots of time home between deployments. When we left, it was 18 months between deployments for our squadron (it was a year between them when we first got there and they changed it mid tour).

We will be trying to go back to P-3's for our next sea duty rotation.
  8. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries
    Im a p-3 wife!!!
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  9. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    P-3 aren't always family friendly...they are good because of the deployments..but there are still working hours and sometimes they fly 7 days a week. My hubby will be gone for almost 3 months this summer for surge and he just got off deployment in Dec...due to leave again in May 09.

The command we are in is OK for enlisted, they aren't so great for the officers though. My neighbors hubby is a JO in our command and they have 4 kids. They give him A LOT of shit for not going out (drinking) and being a part of all the parties..but hes got a FAMILY and apperantly that is not a good enough excuse.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Victoria you KNOW we are.......haha

However in almost 14 years of Navy and 12 of them being P3 life we've never done shore duty. Alot of people bounch around from squadron to squadron because the deployment cycles for regular VP commands aren't that bad.......at least in Hawaii they aren't. I would NOT recommend our current command though. Let's just say he's gone about 80% of the year and well we can never plan for ANYTHING......for example when he leaves again I was just told yesterday it's going to be much sooner than we had planned and now I'm in a bind for something this summer he was originally told he'd be home for. However regular VP commands come and go fairly regularly.

We enjoy it.......he enjoys it. When he deploys he would sleep in barracks or hotel rooms depending on where he deployed to. Currently it's "hooch", but he has alot of space. Heck his hooch has a flat screen tv, a ps3, an xbox 360 and wii connected.

Oh and the per diem!!! LORD the per diem.........we make alot of money when he deploys........

We're currently looking at shore duty now and we're looking towards Patuxent River Maryland........there are some great billets up there for his job, Flight Engineer......great shore duty jobs. He wants to avoid VP30 and if your hubby gets P3's he'll know VP30 all too well.......we just don't want to do that duty yet.

We've had a pretty good experience in the P3 lifestyle.......I have alot of friends from all over the commands and the community is really small so you tend to run into the same people all over......

Seriously PM me whenever you have questions......Jammie is home for a bit so if your hubby wants to ask anything I know he'd be more than willing to answer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast