Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy Question

1. Mac'sSunshine

Navy Question

Advertisements
    Last nite DH and I were having an intense talk about everything in our lives and he sprung this one on me...

He wants to try to go to Iraq or become a Navy Seal. Right now he is a sub man but he said he wants to serve his country in a way he knows that he has actually "DONE" something for our country. I told him that just by joining the Navy he is doing something for our country. I was upset that he wanted these things and had never said anything to me. He said that he didn't want to until he had all the details. I don't know anything about this(Seal or going to Iraq) heck I hardly know anything about what he does know or the Navy in general.
    I will support and love him no matter what. Can anyone tell me about these things?
  2. Senior Member
    I just wanted to say that those sub guys certainly DO stuff that actually serves their country.
    Needs work.
  3. Senior Member
    But I understand what he means. Sorry I don't have any info on those other things.
    Needs work.
  4. Mac'sSunshine
    I know they do stuff to serve and so does DH. He just wants to how do you say it... Be in all the action? I guess thats what he means.
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Being a SEAL would mean he'd have to get accepted and complete BUDS training.. which if I'm not mistaken is out here in San Diego.

Honestly, the Iraq tour would be "easier" to get right now, the Navy is hurting for people who want to take an IA tour.

Good luck to you both on whatever he decides to do!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. TinkGirl
    Meanwhile DB wants to go to Iraq but they keep on bumping him back and sending him out to take useless courses, he is getting so frustrated. I don't get it (but I won't complain if he doesn't get to go at all but that is just me being selfish). I try to be supportive and keep telling him to hang in there. He won't be happy until he goes back there and "makes a difference".
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    There's always EOD....
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    At our last command my DH talked about doing IA because he felt for awhile like he wasn't contributing like others were. Like I told him, you are where you are supposed to be and every person out there is supporting the mission in thier various ways. Don't let the fact that you haven't done IA make you feel like you aren't. They wouldn't let him go anyhow since his division was already under manned and he was the LCPO.
  9. Senior Member

A SEAL is the Navy's special forces. It's intense training and SEALs have to be ready to deploy at short notice. The training is in Coronado across the bay from San Diego.
    http://www.navyseals.com/node/108
  10. Seabee Wife
    Seabee Wife
    I think I may be the only wife here who's husband works with a Seal Team. Now, let me make myself clear, my husband is not a Seal. My husband is a CM. But he works with Seals every day. He is part of their team. He goes on missions with them and is currently deployed to Iraq with Seal team Three. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. I do know several Seal families so I am able to ask questions. Though I don't know first hand everything regarding the process of becoming a Seal and what their job is really like. But I can answer some questions most likely. I also know what Iraq has been like for my husband. This is his second time there in 2 years. So feel free to PM me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast