Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Worrying...

1. Senior Member

Worrying...

Advertisements
    Okay so I'm the biggest worrier ever...i'm freaking out! Last time I saw Kyle was Friday at Great Lakes Naval Base...and haven't heard from him since. His flight was around 6am Saturday morning to Florida. Shelby's boyfriend Nick also graduated Friday and was on the same plane as Kyle to Pensacola. Nick has his cell so he's been contacting Shelby, but i haven't gotten a call from Kyle yet (he doesn't have his cellphone but he has calling cards) I'm breaking down every hour because i haven't heard from him.

I don't know what would be keeping him from calling me....He could ask someone to use their cell phone, and i understand he may not know where a pay phone is, but he could ask!!! And Shelby told me her boyfriend has the rest of the day off to chill....but hes on a different part of the base....so I'm going crazy and trying to calm myself down with reasons he hasn't called yet.

Anyone else have communication set backs when their SO's went to A school!?!?

Bethany

2. Senior Member
    I don't know much about the Navy but I am sure as soon as he has a chance he will call!
    Send that boy a cell phone!
  3. Senior Member
    Never, ever, compare you situation to someone elses. No matter what.

I am sure there is a reason he hasn't contacted you. If her SO is on another part of base, then it sounds like they aren't in the same group/class. Each class is different. He will contact you when he can. Hang tight girlie.

PS-What's his MOS gonna be? My hubs was in P'cola for A-School as well.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glass1/2full View Post
    I don't know much about the Navy but I am sure as soon as he has a chance he will call!
    Send that boy a cell phone!
    I dont know his address yet!!!! thats why i'm stressing on this phone call, i just want to get his address from him so i can ship out his phone ASAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    Never, ever, compare you situation to someone elses. No matter what.

I am sure there is a reason he hasn't contacted you. If her SO is on another part of base, then it sounds like they aren't in the same group/class. Each class is different. He will contact you when he can. Hang tight girlie.

PS-What's his MOS gonna be? My hubs was in P'cola for A-School as well.

AS (aviation support equipment technician)

5. Senior Member
    yea he should totally ask someone for there cell phone jus to call you for a minute to let you know whats up. i waited about 3 days i think to actually have a conversation wen he found a payphone. i hope he contacts you soon girl feel better ,im sure hes fine dont worry.
  6. Senior Member
    Ah, he's probably at NAS then.. Regardless, it took a few days before I got my husbands address. He has to do all the in-processing stuff, and he'll get an address then. Again though, never compare you're situation to someone elses'. It'll do more harm than good. He is going through a LOT of change right now, and is, I am sure, scared shitless as any new recruit is. Give him time to get settled in.
  7. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    Hmm from experience with P-Cola.... he might be doing In-Duct..... that keeps them pretty busy for the first day they are there.... Dont worry. He'll call just as soon as he can.
  8. Senior Member
    BTW-I doubt anyone in his class has a cell phone yet if they're all straight from Boot Camp. They don't let them take their cells the weekend of BCT Grad.. Everyone has to wait until they have an address at their school to have their cell phones sent to them.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    BTW-I doubt anyone in his class has a cell phone yet if they're all straight from Boot Camp. They don't let them take their cells the weekend of BCT Grad.. Everyone has to wait until they have an address at their school to have their cell phones sent to them.
    unless they are grad and go and their SO's are at the airport with them...like if i would have stayed an extra day...and gone to the airport to meet kyle and say good bye i could have given it to him, but it wasn't worth the extra 80 bucks a night for a hotel....