Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy Rescue Swimmer

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Navy Rescue Swimmer

Advertisements
    Does anyone know about this rate? I can't find much online. Thanks!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    no one has any info???? with all the ladies here???
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    well have you seen the guardian? its just like that but its the Navy. Its not a rate its a qualification. I could be wrong but Im pretty sure Im not. im sorry I wish I could help you more but I dont know much about it. my friends dh is a SAR here, if she wasn't havin a baby right now I'd call her and ask her lol.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yes, I did see it for the first time a few weeks ago. Hubby suggested it in one of his letters. I cried....whew. I wrote him back and said geez you can make me cry even when you aren't here....lol. It was a good movie. He did write in his letter this week how long his training would be and it's also ALL in Florida. So that'll be nice to visit him there. I wonder what kind of housing he'll stay in during his training?? Would we be able to visit him in his room?? We are married, but I dunno what the rules are. So it's going to be about another 8 months before we can move with him. I mean I guess we could move before that, but we haven't sold the house yet and we definitely can't move without either me having a kicka** job OR selling the house. Oh well.
  6. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    My DH went to SAR school, it's in Pensacola. He was class leader and I was pregnant (due anytime) and he kinda had a "mortality flash" (had this huge fear of dying, new baby on the way) and he ended up dropping it. He went on to be aircrew. I went out for a week of it, he stayed in the barracks that face the ocean and I did stay with him. He was E-5 at the time and had his own room. The class seemed to be very vigorous and they really push you, like basically try to drown you,etc. Rules are very strict, he trained for a year prior to going to the school just to be as physically conditioned as possible.

Good luck!!
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Yeah....I thought it was a qualification too, just like being a diver.

8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    My DB starts aircrew school on Monday and after he completes that he will go on to become a rescue swimmer...he told me aircrew school is like 4-5 weeks, rescue swimmer school another 4-5 weeks and then 16 weeks of classes? then he will go to San Diego to finish out his school/training there...I don't know a whole lot about it...but if you need to talk I will be going through all of this over the next year I can let you in on all the details!

I was really nervous about him becoming a rescue swimmer at first but I have gotten used to the idea and my understanding was that they have regular jobs but just have this additional training if needed...I know during Hurricane Katrina alot of the recue swimmers were involved in retrieving the people...

Don't be nervous and don't be upset it will all be okay!! And remember if you need to talk PM me any time!!!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherNichole View Post
    My DB starts aircrew school on Monday and after he completes that he will go on to become a rescue swimmer...he told me aircrew school is like 4-5 weeks, rescue swimmer school another 4-5 weeks and then 16 weeks of classes? then he will go to San Diego to finish out his school/training there...I don't know a whole lot about it...but if you need to talk I will be going through all of this over the next year I can let you in on all the details!

I was really nervous about him becoming a rescue swimmer at first but I have gotten used to the idea and my understanding was that they have regular jobs but just have this additional training if needed...I know during Hurricane Katrina alot of the recue swimmers were involved in retrieving the people...

Don't be nervous and don't be upset it will all be okay!! And remember if you need to talk PM me any time!!!
    Thanks so much. It's nice to know that someone else is going through it too. He'll be starting in Pensacola, FL within the next two weeks. So, they are really aircrewmen with additional training?? I wondered about that because I know that there can't be that many people to save all the time....hehehe. I mean it does seem very interesting, but I am just not happy about the lack of info out there. It's frustrating too because we didn't talk about this rate prior to him leaving. Oh well. I can't WAIT TO SEE HIM....it's so close.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    there are plenty of people to save. they were out saving people when Katrina hit the Gulf Coast. They were out when it flooded up in the pacific NW..they are out when a boat capsizes off shore.. which happens alot especially up here where the water is un predictable. So yeah they do get to save alot of people and more often than you think.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast