Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Orders question

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Question Orders question

Advertisements
    So we got DH's hard copies yesterday. But they only have him on the ship for 2 yr 9 months. That just sounds really off when the sea rotation for his rate/rank is 4.5 years. I remember Brandi said something about the guys on J's ship being extended on there. Anyone have any ideas? (ship is a pre-com that wont be delivered to the navy till Sept 09)
  2. Senior Member
    I don't know, is it 2 yrs 9 mos after the ship is commissioned? Or is that the total time?
    I know dh has to go back to sea after his ship commissions, he won't have enough sea time between the commissioning and his rotation date. But that might be because it's been pushed back so much, I don't know.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nope it's 2yrs 9mnts from the time he checks on board. That is what threw us. DH called and left a message for his detailer to find out what's up. But of course we havent heard back from him yet.

I have a feeling that Melissa's DH is right that he has to extend for 2 years after the commissioning. That would put him at what the rotation is.
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Keep us posted Donna!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Senior Member
    I asked dh what he thought, and he said it usually varies by command. Sometimes they make you stay, sometimes they give you a choice. I don't know if they make you leave or not, lol! He would have still have to go back to sea, though.
    I hope the detailer will be able to shed some more light on it. If not, maybe he can call the command?
  6. Senior Member
    Is that when his enlistment is up? That's the only other thing I can think of.
    Needs work.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Donna, Jason's orders looked the same way. He will have to extend for an additional 2-3 years, depending on the command. His orders were only written for 2 years and some change, but I believe at the bottom somewhere in fine print (or maybe in an email he sent me later) it stated that he would have to extend to fulfill his commitment.
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Hmm I don't know. Tony's orders to his precom were a full 5 year obligation (his rotations is 5/3). He has to extend his enlistment before recieving his orders. Maybe it was because he was in the very first crew for that precom.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Donna, Jason's orders looked the same way. He will have to extend for an additional 2-3 years, depending on the command. His orders were only written for 2 years and some change, but I believe at the bottom somewhere in fine print (or maybe in an email he sent me later) it stated that he would have to extend to fulfill his commitment.
    DH said that is what his chief said will happen. That it will be up to the ship just how much he is exended.

Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    Hmm I don't know. Tony's orders to his precom were a full 5 year obligation (his rotations is 5/3). He has to extend his enlistment before recieving his orders. Maybe it was because he was in the very first crew for that precom.
    DH is considered phase 1 crew. Not sure of what that exactly means though.