Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: patches...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wow patches...

Advertisements
    damn these things are expensive...plus the sewing and dry cleaning....

that is all

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Drycleaning can get expensive, my husband alternates uniforms, so that it seems one pair is always at the cleaners.. Patches aren't bad once they're all done and updating is all that needs to be done. What sucks is when you've got all new sets of coveralls, utlilities, whites, blues (both work and dress) plus a jacket to do.. It cost us quite a bit to do that all at once, when G made 1st class. Being an engineman, he had 5 pairs of coveralls to do at once.. they're also the ones that have the most patches..

Are you taking them on base? That's always the cheapest...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Banned
    Banned
    As awful as it sounds I actually cringe now when DH gets a new award - just the thought of buying the new items and then having to re-work everything (because somehow the new awards ALWAYS manage to be at in the middle of the order of precedence - why can't he get one at an end for once, lol) to accomodate them, etc - UGH!
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post
    As awful as it sounds I actually cringe now when DH gets a new award - just the thought of buying the new items and then having to re-work everything (because somehow the new awards ALWAYS manage to be at in the middle of the order of precedence - why can't he get one at an end for once, lol) to accomodate them, etc - UGH!
    I know the feeling.. last sept. we paid for all new sets of ribbons and medals to be mounted.. that's not cheap..

and thatís all I need

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    Drycleaning can get expensive, my husband alternates uniforms, so that it seems one pair is always at the cleaners.. Patches aren't bad once they're all done and updating is all that needs to be done. What sucks is when you've got all new sets of coveralls, utlilities, whites, blues (both work and dress) plus a jacket to do.. It cost us quite a bit to do that all at once, when G made 1st class. Being an engineman, he had 5 pairs of coveralls to do at once.. they're also the ones that have the most patches..

Are you taking them on base? That's always the cheapest...
    yep that's where we take them...i figured that they have to be cheaper than anything else since everyone get their uniforms dry-cleaned there...

i would sew them myself....if i knew how to sew...

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Christina~ View Post
    yep that's where we take them...i figured that they have to be cheaper than anything else since everyone get their uniforms dry-cleaned there...

i would sew them myself....if i knew how to sew...
    I understand completely.. I will say that in a pinch, I'm awesome at stitch witchery.. I can make it look good till we can get it to the tailor.

and thatís all I need

7. Mommy of two sweet girls!
    Mommy of two sweet girls!
    I sew my husbands patches on, but i honestly HATE doing it.
    Gina~

My Bella!
  8. brown-eyed-girl
    I do my husband's as well. I was doing his working whites the other night and he had the crease wrong on the sleeve. So when I was finished with his rank, and he put the shirt on..It was totally off! I had to tear out the seam, have him re-iron it and then I sewed it on again.

Oh, and get this-We are at a very small base, NAS Brunswick (maine) and our NEX doesn't carry every rank's patches. So I have to take the 1st class patch and cut it down to a 3rd, [I]and[I] give it finished edges. Bleh. (yep, that's right, he's just a 3rd class..but for only being in 1yr and 7mos, coming in at the VERY bottom and being 3rd class for one year now, that's pretty darned good!)

I also hate doing patches myself. I'd so much rather take them in. But man, it just costs so much!