Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AF Ssgt delays

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

AF Ssgt delays

Advertisements
    Does anyone know about them? I saw some article on the cover of the Air Force Times and instead of getting it and reading it, which would only make sense, I forwent it and now have no idea. DH is in survival training and so I can't ask him, and he probably doesn't know anyway.

But apparently all the guys (and gals) who are supposed to sew on Ssgt from May on for this year is delayed. Just curious as to why?

My guess is they are either top heavy (too many higher ranking airmen) or they ran out of money. I vote for the second. Dammit all.

That sucks because not only do you not get the bonus on time, but it also doesn't look as impressive on their record. I don't think that is very fair.

2. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I hadn't heard of it this time or done in this exact way. However, I have seen it time and time again where they force out SSgts and/or have them switch career fields. I'm not sure exactly the motivation, but I'm sure it has something to do with money.

3. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    I have seen it time and time again where they force out SSgts and/or have them switch career fields. I'm not sure exactly the motivation, but I'm sure it has something to do with money.
    He's cross training as we speak from missile maintance to helo flight engineer. So I don't know what effect that will have. They should really think about these things. It isn't like they came out of nowhere.

4. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    He's cross training as we speak from missile maintance to helo flight engineer. So I don't know what effect that will have. They should really think about these things. It isn't like they came out of nowhere.
    I haven't ever understood it myself. Thankfully, it hasn't ever affected us. I do remember reading a lot about it right after I separated, and thinking that they must be relieved I got out on my own accord. Anyway, it has happened at least 2 more times since then, and that was 4 years ago. Usually the AF Times has a list of AFSCs to be affected.

5. Lovin' Life with her Civvy.
    Lovin' Life with her Civvy.
    i dunno df is suppose to be testing for ssgt in may....he hasn't said anything about delays
  6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    After i've asked around it seems that no one knows of it. So fingers crossed everything plays out like it should.