Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: LCAC

1. Senior Member

Question LCAC

Advertisements
    Does anyone have an SO on an LCAC? Dh is still deciding on whether or not to take shore when he's done on this ship, but he is planning to go to an LCAC either next or after shore. I am just curious if anyone else has an SO on one. What is the schedule like? How is it the same/different from being on a ship? TIA!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is what our orders were for. I talked to another wife who DH was with the ACU unit we were supposed to go to. Her DH had been there for 2.5 years and had only pulled 1 6 month deployment. Downside, no sea pay unless deployed and your sea time doesnt add up unless deployed.
  3. Senior Member
    Oh wow that is good to know. I had no idea about the sea pay and time. I wonder if my dh knows that, I will definitely be talking more about that with him. Thanks for the info!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAmom4721 View Post
    Oh wow that is good to know. I had no idea about the sea pay and time. I wonder if my dh knows that, I will definitely be talking more about that with him. Thanks for the info!
    DH didnt care, he was so excited.... but it kind of took all the incentive of sea duty out of it for me.
  5. Senior Member
    Yeah, I have a feeling my dh won't care either. It is all he has talked about for a while now. It does kind of suck though, but if we were lucky enough to get a lot of at home time, I wouldn't mind either I don't think.