Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA "A" School.

1. Senior Member

Help MA "A" School.

Advertisements
    Ello! My Fiance is trying for MA(and will keep trying til he gets it..So determined gotta love it) He said his schooling will be in Texas in San Antonio. I Was just wondering if anybody has had their Sailor or has known anybody who is MA and how long their schooling is (estimated) and really any other information you can dish out
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My uncle went to MA school there, and I want to say it was 6 weeks long. But that was back in 2002.
  3. Senior Member

Help :]

Thank-you. I've been doing research and I have found that 7 weeks seem like the estimated time. I figured I'd post the question here just to confirm my facts. If anybody else has any info please keep posting to let me know!
    Just so anxious and can't wait to see him and start our life
  4. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    If he has the choice he should find another rate. My husband is a MA and advancing is almost impossible. It's too overmanned.

Anyways its about 6 weeks at Lackland AFB.

5. Senior Member

Exclamation Thank-you

Over manned huh? Well I'm sure he still has the choice of changing, but my fiance has always wanted to be a cop in civilan life and I just can not ask him to change his choice and I know he would change if I asked him too, but I think it would be A selfish reason to ask him to change his dream because he(meaning us) can't advance with pay and such. Not to say that your selfish in any way so please dont take offense, this is just how I feel.
    --When Fiance started his Navy career I pretty much left him up to what he wants so he can prove to me that he can choose the right choices for himself and his new family. I also want him to follow his dreams and I want to see him set goals and get sucess because he did it not because I told him I wanted him too or that he had too. I want him to take full pride and happiness that he made his life the way he wanted by his own choices and strength, will power, and determination.
    Thank-you for the info though, and if anyone else has ANY information on MA schooling in San Antonio Texas please tell me :] Like liberty, leave, how the school is, tough, a little laid back but still on task, etc etc.
  6. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Honestly they are not cops. They stand guard at a gate for anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day. Unless you are a 1st class then you drive around or sit on your ass and over work your lower class. Oh and if you are lucky then you get stuck in RFI for 13 hrs a day downloading/uploading everyone. If stationed in San Diego then you are pushed aside and the civilian contractors are given priority. I was being facetious in telling him to find another rate. But the overall grand scheme of things is the rate of MA sucks and that's straight from his mouth. Good luck though. We are counting down till we are done with this crappy rate.

7. Senior Member

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    Honestly they are not cops. They stand guard at a gate for anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day. Unless you are a 1st class then you drive around or sit on your ass and over work your lower class. Oh and if you are lucky then you get stuck in RFI for 13 hrs a day downloading/uploading everyone. If stationed in San Diego then you are pushed aside and the civilian contractors are given priority. I was being facetious in telling him to find another rate. But the overall grand scheme of things is the rate of MA sucks and that's straight from his mouth. Good luck though. We are counting down till we are done with this crappy rate.
    ooo. Well I mean after his Navy term is all over with he will get the chance of becoming a cop. Well I guess hopfully it goes better for my Fiance and I hope you guys find something you like better
  8. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    If he has the choice he should find another rate. My husband is a MA and advancing is almost impossible. It's too overmanned.

Anyways its about 6 weeks at Lackland AFB.
    Totally agree. Tim is a MA and he has been having the hardest time advancing because there are just so many of them.
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  9. Senior Member

Help MA Info! SAN ANTONIO TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by dotb182 View Post
    Totally agree. Tim is a MA and he has been having the hardest time advancing because there are just so many of them.
    :[[[....Well I guess I'll inform him in the next letter that their over manned and then he's just going to have to give the final answer for himself.. I hope maybe it stops bein over manned ....
    Thanks for the replys KEEP EM comming please. any info would be very awsome
  10. Dinah Shore and Dean Martin fanatic!
    Dinah Shore and Dean Martin fanatic!
    Blog Entries
    I am going to A school after bootcamp (Starting April 8th) it is SEVEN WEEKS. In San Antonio TX! :-)
    William Luke Brenton is finally here!!! 29 October 2011!!!!

After such a long ride, I finally made MA2! 18 November 2011 was the day I found out!!!! This has been such an exciting year for us!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast