Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dh hates his job...I don't know how to help.

1. MoMo

Help Dh hates his job...I don't know how to help.

Advertisements
    Dh is a cook in the army and he ABSOLUTELY hates it. He has always wanted his own restaurant and that's why he wanted to be a army cook. He hates it so so much...I dont know what to do or if I can do anything to help him.

He is re enlisting to pay off our bills and bc he wants to make this a career, but if he waits he can change his MOS. Its too late now bc they have started the paper work but I feel like this is all my fault bc he knows how much I hate having these bills over my head. I told him that I would be behind him no matter what he chose to do. Now that he has chosen to re enlist sooner, I feel awful..like he hates his job and bc of me, he is stuck with it for a lot longer.

What can I do? Can he change his MOS during this time...please help.

TIA
  2. Senior Member
    i'm not sure, but i hope you find some answers! don't blame yourself, he made the choice too...it'll work itself out!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    As far as I know he will not be able to change his MOS if he is under a re-enlistment and will be recieving any kind of bonus.. that is why dh had to wait to cross rate..

ETA: Please don't blame yourself hun!!!

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~Andr Gide
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    What about using this time to go to school and get a culinary degree with his GI Bill? Then at least he has something lined up for once he gets out?
  5. The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.
    Not everyone can be happy with their job all the time.

You have to work hard inorder to dream big!

I am a feminist
  6. delilah
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    What about using this time to go to school and get a culinary degree with his GI Bill? Then at least he has something lined up for once he gets out?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMo View Post
    Dh is a cook in the army and he ABSOLUTELY hates it. He has always wanted his own restaurant and that's why he wanted to be a army cook. He hates it so so much...I dont know what to do or if I can do anything to help him.

He is re enlisting to pay off our bills and bc he wants to make this a career, but if he waits he can change his MOS. Its too late now bc they have started the paper work but I feel like this is all my fault bc he knows how much I hate having these bills over my head. I told him that I would be behind him no matter what he chose to do. Now that he has chosen to re enlist sooner, I feel awful..like he hates his job and bc of me, he is stuck with it for a lot longer.

What can I do? Can he change his MOS during this time...please help.

TIA
    not totally sure. talk to him about his personal goals. I guess if this was me/us. There is a difference between a "cook" and a "chef". Perhaps a culinary degree while he works? if he re-enlisted to pay bills. Than just do that for now. Buy your time, maybe he could go to school use TA, or if he gets out his GI money.

and remember happiness is a state of mind.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.