Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Of Your Enlisted SO's...

1. Senior Member

Question Any Of Your Enlisted SO's...

Advertisements
    Considering a package to OCS? Why or Why Not?

My DB is. I would love for him to, but he's still on the fence as to do it when he's home from the sandbox, or whether to do a lat move, extra schooling, and the committed time for the lat move first....

I think he just has a bit of a confidence problem right now, even though both of his parents, myself, and most of his command think he is a natural leader and would make a good officer if/when he gets all his ducks in a row to submit a package...
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    nope he can't wait to finish his enlistment and start his civilian life
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He is
  4. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Dh put in for STA-21 this year, so he's not considering OCS until after he hears yay or nay on that. We should know in a few weeks.

The chances are soooooooooooo slim. Especially because since he's older, he put in for the CEC option only, and I think 5 people got it last year, and 4 the year before that.

So, as much as I want it for him, I'm thinking he'll be considering an OCS package soon. Keeping my fingers crossed though!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    He is
    Cool!

How do you think I can give DB the confidence boost to do it without the Lat. move first... he's got a few things he needs to do and deal with before he can... but... I think that's really what he's meant to do. So does he if you really talk to him about it... if only he believed in himself right now as much as everyone else does... lol
  6. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    Dh put in for STA-21 this year, so he's not considering OCS until after he hears yay or nay on that. We should know in a few weeks.

The chances are soooooooooooo slim. Especially because since he's older, he put in for the CEC option only, and I think 5 people got it last year, and 4 the year before that.

So, as much as I want it for him, I'm thinking he'll be considering an OCS package soon. Keeping my fingers crossed though!
    My DH is also doing the STA-21. I actually think we are going to put in next year because hes already in school and wants to get his GPA up before he tries to get in.
  7. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    He wants to go LDO.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    sorry im still new to all this what's OCS? is it a leadership thing? .... anything that requires more school I don't think DF wants anything to do with
  9. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    OCS is Officer Candidate School. I don't know all the details, but I think the basics are that you need to already have your Bachelor's Degree, and then you can drop a package to OCS, where you learn to be an officer. If you get accepted, and complete the school successfully, you get commissioned as an officer when you graduate.

*I think*. Oh, and what I know is only about the Navy.

STA-21 is a way to circumvent the bachelor's requirement. Instead of getting it on your own, then applying to OCS, you apply to STA-21, and if you get accepted, then you go to school while still enlisted. If you complete NSI (I forget what that stands for) and get your Bachelor's in under 3 years while maintaining a certain GPA, then you get commissioned.
  10. Senior Member
    My hubby is considering it.
    This has been a rough deployment for him, so he is considering a lot of things. I want him to go OCS, I think that he is a great leader.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast