Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Day 1

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Day 1

Advertisements
    Just sent DB off to boot camp in Great Lakes. I'm sad. Already wrote his first letter, just waiting for where to send it. Anxious and sad, but I know he's doing great. It's just going to be weird not to see him or hear his voice for 2 months. I already miss him so much! Looking forward to meeting others that are in the same situation on here.
  2. Regular Member
    You'll get through hun. Trust the time will fly by you won't even know where it went. Just keep yourself busy to keep your mind off of it. I'm currently away from my husband and just like you as soon as he had left I wrote a letter to go in his care package. That's sweet of you and that letter will help him get through just like it helps you.
  3. Regular Member
    I just sent my BF off to Great Lakes a couple weeks ago so we are in the same boat! I agree with Jahnace, the time flys by! I still have several weeks till my BF graduates boot camp but I'm already wondering where the past few weeks have gone! It's good you've already started writing him because I know it has defiantly helped me already so far. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks ladies! Any advice? When did you receive their address to send letters?
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahcp12 View Post
    Thanks ladies! Any advice? When did you receive their address to send letters?
    I've been keeping really busy. EVERYONE will tell you that's the best thing you can do. I also love to re-read our old messages and look at old pictures when I miss my BF. And anytime something happens I need to tell him I make a note about it. Everyone has told me to WRITE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! They love to get letters and personally writing helps me a lot.
    As for the address I'm still waiting for my BF parents to get the form letter (he's been gone 2 weeks) We got his address from his recruiter but I've read that may not be completely accurate so I'm still waiting. From what everyone has told me it takes 1 1/2-2 weeks to get his address and 3 weeks to get a letter from him. It's itritating but I'm trying to be patient. Still write him even though you don't have his address yet.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I may bother his recruiter then and see if he knows his address. I'm just so anxious to get in touch with him!
  7. Regular Member
    I wouldn't use the word "bother." That can probably get you or your BF into trouble. His first 5 days there he will be going through processing and won't even have an exact address. Even if you do get an address from his recruiter it may or may not be completely accurate. If the recruiter gives you an inaccurate address it will take awhile for your letters to get to him or they may not get to him at all.
    Also your boyfriend is going to be extreme busy (I've read the schedule for boot camp) so you won't get anything from him for a few weeks. I know it's hard not being able to talk to him but it'll be worth it to be patient, wait, and keep busy. The process is slow and Navy mail is slow. There's nothing you can really do but be patient.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahcp12 View Post
    Just sent DB off to boot camp in Great Lakes. I'm sad. Already wrote his first letter, just waiting for where to send it. Anxious and sad, but I know he's doing great. It's just going to be weird not to see him or hear his voice for 2 months. I already miss him so much! Looking forward to meeting others that are in the same situation on here.
    My fiance left boot camp on July 6th. Yea it sucks not being able to talk to him everyday but trust me it gets easier. I send my fiance letters everyday just so every time they get mail call he gets something in the mail. They don't really get free time and they don't really have anything to read. So i send everyday a letter with what i did that day or what went on that day just so he doesn't worry about anything. I know that they are really homesick so i know that it makes them feel better getting letters and receiving pictures. So stay positive and stay busy because dont be me. I layed in bed for 4 days and i didnt speak eat or anything. The only reason i got out of bed was to shower and use the bathroom. I layed in bed and stayed at the wall. I didnt even call my job. They called my mother in law and asked if everything was okay. So they excused me for those days. But i finally got up and asked for more hours for work just to keep my mind off everything. But when you receive the first letter (which he probably already has because of the date that you posted this) it feels really good and also when you get the first phone call time will go by so fast just knowing that he is okay and all that. I cared more about how he was doing like if he was eating and sleeping and all that. But keep busy. If anything you can always talk to me. When my fiance first left everyone got mad at me because they thought that i was mourning him. Everyone thought that i thought he was dead. But i finally got out of bed and went on with my laugh.