Thread: Suddenly having difficulty

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    47.54%

Help Suddenly having difficulty

Advertisements
    Hey everyone!!!

It's been a great while since I've posted. So much has changed for me...

After a while of being single, I started talking to a guy on Facebook. Not long after we started talking he announced that he had enlisted in the Marine Corps. He's now in my hometown of San Diego at MCRD, and I just received a letter from him 2 days ago. When I got this letter, I felt everything change.

You see, we weren't that serious before he left to boot camp. His sudden absence made me realize how much I missed him, and the letter and what he wrote made me realize how much I care for him. Anyone have any experience with this whole 'falling in love during boot camp' thing? I know it's dangerous because I don't know where he's going to end up, but it also feels good, and right, and I don't want to fight those feelings.

Anyways, it's good to be back! Any support or advice would be appreciated. Hugs to all!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    23.4%

I'd be more concerned as to whether or not you suddenly realizing how much he means to you is a legitimate feeling or if it's stemming from his absence. If I were you I'd try to take things at the same speed you were before and see what happens when he's out of boot camp.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    47.54%
    You're right; and I guess I should provide some clarification...

Before he left for boot camp I knew my feelings for him were real and significant. After he left, I felt unsure if he would write and what he would say. I guess I was braced for pain. But he wrote, fast, and very sweet... And the emotions overcame me!
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceKyd View Post
    Hey everyone!!!

It's been a great while since I've posted. So much has changed for me...

After a while of being single, I started talking to a guy on Facebook. Not long after we started talking he announced that he had enlisted in the Marine Corps. He's now in my hometown of San Diego at MCRD, and I just received a letter from him 2 days ago. When I got this letter, I felt everything change.

You see, we weren't that serious before he left to boot camp. His sudden absence made me realize how much I missed him, and the letter and what he wrote made me realize how much I care for him. Anyone have any experience with this whole 'falling in love during boot camp' thing? I know it's dangerous because I don't know where he's going to end up, but it also feels good, and right, and I don't want to fight those feelings.

Anyways, it's good to be back! Any support or advice would be appreciated. Hugs to all!
    I'm with Carolina.

Just keep in mind, everyone sounds more romantic in a letter. Epecially someone who is cut off from the outside world and doesn't have many people to talk to.

5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%
    A good friend of mine met her SO 2 weeks before he left for BCT and they've been dating for about a year now! They really got to know each other the most through letters and it has worked out for them. Good luck )
  6. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%
    Write him back and go with your feelings. Heartache is always a possibility but boot camp can make a guy reevaluate his thought process. I wouldn't drop the L word personally but getting to know each other through letters is exciting and a little old fashioned/romantic. And then once he's done, see if he follows through. Actions speak louder than words.
  7. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    52.55%
    My advice would be for both of you to not make any major decisions for at least 3-4 months after he finishes training.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski