Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to wear to Fort Benning Graduation?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Advertisements
    I'm going to my SO's graduation from AIT at Fort Benning very soon. I picked out a yellow sundress and I'm wearing wedges to go with it. Like the others were saying I wouldn't suggest jeans only because of the heat. You might want to have your hair all up or at least half up. Also be prepared that they could shorten family time. That happened at his basic graduation and family day.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
    My boyfriend just left for the Army and I plan on attending his graduation in Fort Benning. What should I wear? I was thinking a casual dress. Would this be appropriate? What did you wear for graduation?
    I just got back from a graduation and it was pretty casual. Look nice, but you dont have to really dress up.
  3. Regular Member
    DB graduated from Fort Jackson in South Carolina mid-July. It was soooo hot & humid! I remember walking out the door and being drenched in sweat. Definitely wear something light (a cute dress would be good). Wear comfortable shoes because you will want to almost sprint to him when you finally get to see him and the last thing you want is having to fight against your footwear. Oh and be careful with your make up! You don't want it running down your face if it gets too hot so make sure to keep it simple and possibly matte. My face in some of my pictures from that day looks so shiny! But overall don't stress too much. He'll be so excited to see you that he won't even care what you're wearing!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12