Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question???

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad Question???

Advertisements
    Hey! I finally am posting. I guess I should start out with my name it is Kimberly. My boyfriend is in the Army, and I am so proud of him and what he has chosen to do. It has been super hard being along and I work a crazy schedule, have not many really any friends at work an all too. I have been okay on my own, but have hard a time with school, and dropped two classes, passed one and failing one... Next week is family day at Benning, I was so ecited to go. We have been writing, and he has really opened up, and i have too. I have shared all my insecurties and fears and have allowed myself to become vuleraable. Anyways I got a phone call and it was good to hear from him, but He said something that made me worry a bit.. he said our relationship was put on hold... and that we grew apart? what does that mean? What should i exepct going into this. I was hurt because I really love him and I thought we grew close with the means of communication and through letters. Im very confused and now scared to go down. I dont even feel like writing cause I feel like closing up again. So were all the letters lies now?
  2. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberllyy View Post
    Hey! I finally am posting. I guess I should start out with my name it is Kimberly. My boyfriend is in the Army, and I am so proud of him and what he has chosen to do. It has been super hard being along and I work a crazy schedule, have not many really any friends at work an all too. I have been okay on my own, but have hard a time with school, and dropped two classes, passed one and failing one... Next week is family day at Benning, I was so ecited to go. We have been writing, and he has really opened up, and i have too. I have shared all my insecurties and fears and have allowed myself to become vuleraable. Anyways I got a phone call and it was good to hear from him, but He said something that made me worry a bit.. he said our relationship was put on hold... and that we grew apart? what does that mean? What should i exepct going into this. I was hurt because I really love him and I thought we grew close with the means of communication and through letters. Im very confused and now scared to go down. I dont even feel like writing cause I feel like closing up again. So were all the letters lies now?
    Did you guys met before he left or in general did you guys ever met in person?
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Questoion

Quote Originally Posted by NoraAnna View Post
    Did you guys met before he left or in general did you guys ever met in person?
    We have been together 8 months... I do not know if I should even bother going down. I have supported him through all this and now I feel so lost.
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I'm sorry, OP.

What does he want, and has he been in a long distance relationship before? It can be hard to adjust to, and adding boot camp on it could be a shock for him. Have you ever met him in person or only via the internet?
  5. Senior Member
    Have you met him in person?

Why don't you just come out and ask him if he wants you to come or not? Let him know you are willing and were looking forward to it, but based on your last conversation, you aren't sure where you stand so you want to know if he still wants you to come to family day and if he still wants to be in a relationship with you. The only way to know for sure is to just ask!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    It sounds like he broke up with you. I'm really sorry.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Why is everyone asking if they've met in person? I have re-read the OP 3 times now and nothing indicates that they haven't met in person, just that he's been gone to basic and they've been writing. Am I missing something here?

Hopefully he will call you again and when he does, just flat out tell him you got a weird vibe and confused by what he said and if he still wants you to come to family day. Be prepared to have him tell you no though. Have you made travel arrangements yet?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    Why is everyone asking if they've met in person? I have re-read the OP 3 times now and nothing indicates that they haven't met in person, just that he's been gone to basic and they've been writing. Am I missing something here?

Hopefully he will call you again and when he does, just flat out tell him you got a weird vibe and confused by what he said and if he still wants you to come to family day. Be prepared to have him tell you no though. Have you made travel arrangements yet?
    I was wondering too. She actually says its hard being alone which led me to believe they'd spent time together.

I am with Villa on this one. The only way to know for sure is to ask him.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    No We have been together in person. I was asking a question. I am taking it as a break up so I am not going
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberllyy View Post
    No We have been together in person. I was asking a question. I am taking it as a break up so I am not going
    I would seriously ask him first. What if he wasn't breaking up with you? You're not going to his basic training graduation based on what you "take as a break up" Before I do something so drastic, I would ask the guy.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast