Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Reporting Crappy Health Care...

1. Senior Member

Reporting Crappy Health Care...

Advertisements
    After a horrible day yesterday of dealing with doctors and FINALLY getting everything straightened out, I get a call at 8:30 this morning being yelled at by the Nurse Midwife. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how I would go about reporting her conduct to someone, and to whom I would report it to. I already plan to tell the whole clinic Friday at my appointment that I never want to see her again, but I feel like she should be repremanded for her HORRIBLE behavior this morning.

2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    you can leave a comment card with the CO of the hospital.. there should also be a reporting number you can call. Call the clinic and find out who you report stuff like that to.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    why would she be yelling at you for? there is no excuse for it either but I was just wondering why she felt a need to yell.

4. Senior Member
    most places also have a patient rep

5. Senior Member
    She asked what the problem I had was (the receptionist left a note on her desk that I was needing some help with something because the off-post doctor I was trying to make an appointment with said I didn't have all the info I needed).. and she was already beyond rude at this point.. I told her that I had come in and a nurse or someone had helped me make the appointment and everything was fine... but she still wanted to know what the problem was.. ok, no biggie, so I told her how they wanted to know a DOCTOR that referred me, and I told the place that I didn't have a doctor's name just the army medical clinic's name and the name of the nurse midwife that had put in for the referral... well I misspoke and told her I had said 'nurse'... she went on for 15 minutes yelling at me that she is NOT a nurse, she is a midwife... well, if she wants to get technical she's a nurse midwife because that's what it says on ALL of her certifications in her office... but I got her to quit yelling at me, and told her that everything was fixed, so she says OK and hangs up on me. All at 8:30 in the morning after I had JUST woken up... she has a crappy bedside manner anyways, but she was SO rude in this phone call, and there was no need for it!

6. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh i cant believe she would get so rude about getting her dang title wrong. so what its no biggie and it surely isnt something to yell at someone for. All she had to do was just say it nicely and tell you that she was a nurse midwife or whatever she thinks she is. that was very uncalled for on her part.

7. Senior Member
    Exactly! I plan on calling this hospital's CO in a few minutes to put in a complaint.

8. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    good for you. I hope they do something about it.