Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in having an FRG webpage/blog/myspace?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be interested and would use it if available

32 82.05%
  • No, I am not interested.

6 15.38%
  • I don't really know/don't care/just want to vote.

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRG Input Needed

1. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....

Exclamation FRG Input Needed

Advertisements
    I am the secretary/newsletter chair/key caller co-head for our SFRG(Soldier and Family Readiness Group). We are revamping and creating our own newsletter to go along with the battalion newsletter that goes out every month, and I need some input.
    What are some things you would like to see in an FRG newsletter? Our FRG runs all year, as we have deployments, TDY's, missions, schools, etc going constantly. Would you be interested in having an FRG myspace and/or blog also? We are debating about getting our own webpage running and are trying to evaluate all the options.

Any input you can give me is greatly appreciated. TIA!
  2. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training
    Mine has a website... but it is not updated very often, so it kind of defeats the purpose. It would be good if it were managed better. We have a MySpace group but nobody really uses it.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    yeah i voted first.. ok back to topic
    I think an FRG site would be awesome. Def links to useful sites, numbers that aren't readily available, but are used most often. Same for the newsletter.. In the newsletter I would include local places to visit, mostly really cheap and free places (since everyone is broke ) Maybe compile a list of teens who babysit that wouldn't mind their name in the newsletter ( obviously get parental permission) I have ton more ideas, but can't think of them at the moment.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    yeah i voted first.. ok back to topic
    I think an FRG site would be awesome. Def links to useful sites, numbers that aren't readily available, but are used most often. Same for the newsletter.. In the newsletter I would include local places to visit, mostly really cheap and free places (since everyone is broke ) Maybe compile a list of teens who babysit that wouldn't mind their name in the newsletter ( obviously get parental permission) I have ton more ideas, but can't think of them at the moment.
    We are planning on listing all the MWR/ITT/USO tours, maybe something like a tourist's corner...list of fun, cheap places to go and spotlight one a month... We can't publish a babysitting roster, but we can have an option to contact to get one, that is a good idea!
  5. Senior Member
    We have a web page through cinchouse for ours. I think it will help in a lot of ways with getting info out there.
    blinkies by Britt
  6. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber V View Post
    We have a web page through cinchouse for ours. I think it will help in a lot of ways with getting info out there.
    Yeah, if we have it, we can have it listed in the sponsorship packet and get spouses involved before they even get overseas, which will be nice. We'd have at least monthly updates, just depending on the month, etc. I think it will be awesome and so does the SFRG presidency, but I wanted to ask some other miltiary wives for their opinion before we put in the hours of work into designing everything.
  7. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    I voted no, because at my last FRG, the website was all outdated info. But reading the posts, I could see how it could be very useful if it was current.

I don't have any brilliant ideas for you for content. Sorry! But if I think of anything, I'll let you know.
  8. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Thanks for your input Kristen. That's one of the things I am wary about, is it getting outdated. But I think we can keep it current and fresh if each member of the FRG presidency commits....hmm...
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, if we have it, we can have it listed in the sponsorship packet and get spouses involved before they even get overseas, which will be nice. We'd have at least monthly updates, just depending on the month, etc. I think it will be awesome and so does the SFRG presidency, but I wanted to ask some other miltiary wives for their opinion before we put in the hours of work into designing everything.

We have just started. Our is on (or will be) the ship website and we update at least every month. Generally after each meeting. I think it will be a great tool for you. We just added a for sale section for old stuff and a sale or rent houses section too. We are really trying to get our members all the info we can for everything we can.
    blinkies by Britt
  10. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber V View Post
    We have just started. Our is on (or will be) the ship website and we update at least every month. Generally after each meeting. I think it will be a great tool for you. We just added a for sale section for old stuff and a sale or rent houses section too. We are really trying to get our members all the info we can for everything we can.
    Sounds like it will really work....thanks Amber! I knew you would have some great input. Today is the first anniversary of our FRG running...we are sooo new. Plus with us falling under NATO, things are different than if we were in the states too...it's all a zoo. I'll be glad when the next few weeks are over and we are officially reorganized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast