Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Am I forgetting anything?

1. Senior Member

Am I forgetting anything?

Advertisements
    Well, it's official. Joe is getting out of the Navy. He starts terminal leave on October 16th and his EAOS date is November 18th. I wasn't told about this until a couple of days before he came home. Prior to that he was telling me that he was talking to his detailer and working on getting San Diego orders. Yeah. I got a month and a half's notice that we're going to be homeless, penniless, and without insurance of any kind. Fun, huh?

So, now I'm trying to make sure I get every last use out of our Tricare/United Concordia while I can. I've scheduled both of the girls well child appointments, we'll get their shots done then too, all 3 of us have dentist appointments, I have a "woman checkup" and an optometry appointment. Am I forgetting anything?
    Under construction...

Actually highlighting everything and hitting delete was a lot easier than fixing what was here....

I'll think of something clever to put here someday....
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by airyn1 View Post
    Well, it's official. Joe is getting out of the Navy. He starts terminal leave on October 16th and his EAOS date is November 18th. I wasn't told about this until a couple of days before he came home. Prior to that he was telling me that he was talking to his detailer and working on getting San Diego orders. Yeah. I got a month and a half's notice that we're going to be homeless, penniless, and without insurance of any kind. Fun, huh?

So, now I'm trying to make sure I get every last use out of our Tricare/United Concordia while I can. I've scheduled both of the girls well child appointments, we'll get their shots done then too, all 3 of us have dentist appointments, I have a "woman checkup" and an optometry appointment. Am I forgetting anything?

MAKE SURE THAT HE GETS COBRA INSURANCE! They have to offer it to him, and I am sure he can add you guys as well. It does, cost money to have it, but it is so much better than not having it. DB had to go to the hospital in an ambulance a few weeks after he got out of the navy, and without COBRA I don't know what he would have done to pay that HUGE bill!
  3. Senior Member
    Depending on where you go to live, most states have free medical for children. You have to met the income requirements .

I know in San Diego they have medical and healthy family's.
  4. Senior Member
    It sounds like you remembered everything. Im doing all that stuff right now too. Its a PITA.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Cobra is $$$$$$$$$
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OMG yes the cobra is so costly..we looked into it when Adam got out and we about DIED!!!! I don't know how they expect anyone to aford to pay that. Where are you guys going to move to? Do he have a job lined up yet?

Also make sure to get a "copy" of the kids medical records aswell as your own to take with you.
  7. Senior Member
    Cobra will cost us about $667 a month. With him having no job lined up we can't afford it.

Also make sure to get a "copy" of the kids medical records as well as your own to take with you.
    It's on my to do list. Thanks for the reminder!
    Under construction...

Actually highlighting everything and hitting delete was a lot easier than fixing what was here....

8. googlegirl
    what about vision & hearing?-- go ahead and get yourself a prescription for a bunch of anti-depressants-- you may need em!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by googlegirl View Post
    what about vision & hearing?-- go ahead and get yourself a prescription for a bunch of anti-depressants-- you may need em!
    I have a vision (optometry) appointment already. I tried making one for Mara too but children under 6 have to have a referral from pediatrics. I'll probably ask for that at her well child appointment. None of us really need hearing appointments. The kids have selective hearing but I don't think there's anything Tricare or a doctor can do for that.
    Under construction...