Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Overseas Orders - so confused.

1. Senior Member

Overseas Orders - so confused.

Advertisements
    My bf and I are looking to get married soon. He has to report to the UK (no later than November 20th). He has unaccompanied orders. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has been in this situation? Can we get married before he leaves for the UK? Will the military cancel his orders if we get married b/c he's not unaccompanied anymore (someone told him this was a possibility)? Will I have to wait until he moves over to the UK and fly out there to get married? I'm fine with paying for my own move out there - I have the money and I would just need to pack up my clothes and fly out there. If I get married out there, does the paperwork move pretty quickly so I can apply for a job on base and receive health insurance asap? He's been working awful hours and by the time he gets out of work, all the offices are closed to inquire about all this information. I would greatly appreciate any advice. I feel like November 20th is right around the corner and I'm starting to get anxious and nervous that things won't get straightened out in time. I not in the military so I don't have access to this information. Thank you!!!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh, honey I wish I could help you!! Unfortunately I have never been in that situation, but I am bumping this up so hopefully others will see it!

3. Regular Member
    I'm guessing he has unaccompanied orders just because yall weren't married when they issued the orders. I don't know if they'll change them but I know in the army at least if you get married before his report date (regardless of what his orders say) they'll pay to move you out. It just takes a while and lots of paperwork.

April 27th, 2007

I don't want to be his whole life, just his favorite part

4. C'swife
    they will NOT change his orders. My husband and I were engaged when he got *2 year unaccompanied orders* to Japan, and we wanted to get married so I could go with him, but they would not let us. Once the orders are written there is no changing them to make them accompanied- I wouldn't say never, but its very unlikely... it sure didnt work for us. Sorry! Hugs!
  5. Regular Member
    Hmm well yea I don't know about overseas orders. Sorry girl.

April 27th, 2007

I don't want to be his whole life, just his favorite part