Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: question about transfering medical files

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help question about transfering medical files

Advertisements
    currently i have my medical under kaiser and need to transfer my papers to medical over at balboa. what is the progess over at balboa about bringing in my records??? my next appointment is the 18th sept... i had asked kaiser about transfering my records and changing my name to my married name, and they told me i had to talk to my husbands employer... i am already in the DEERS system but i have know idea what to do next... HELP!!!!!!!!
  2. Regular Member
    I"m not sure but I remember when I lived in Portland and hubby joined the Marines, I had to sign a release from my physician in Portland for them to release my records & I had to go to Camp Pendelton and sign something there to - I think to initiate the actual transfer ... the transfer took forever almost, 2 months. This was almost 6 years ago so I"m sure things have changed since then. Carmen
  3. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Go to medical records and ask for a transfer paper. Here in Lemoore they told us it could take up to a month for the other Dr to send the paper work. Leagally thats how long they have to send it. But yea just got to records and sign the consent form and they will fax it to the other Dr!
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I always had my current dr or hospital initate the transfer, it's free and quicker. Just go to your current PCM and talk to the records department. Also you won't need your records to be seen, they will just start a new record and then combine them when they get your other one.. just make sure you tell your dr any of your history that might be relevant to your app.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Senior Member
    BS. I transfered all my records from Kaiser without an issue. The records office used to be near the Hospital on Zion. You can go there request a copy of your records and just walk them into Balboa.
  6. Senior Member
    Oh and I didn't change my name through them when I got married, I did it through Balboa when I transfered them all in.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorsbaby View Post
    BS. I transfered all my records from Kaiser without an issue. The records office used to be near the Hospital on Zion. You can go there request a copy of your records and just walk them into Balboa.
    thank you... i was when kaiser said all that... this really helps out.
  8. Senior Member
    I can't stand Kaiser, they used to be such a pain in my rear. When I got preggo the first time the doc seriously looked at me and said, "you're kinda pregnant." How in the world is someone kind of pregnant? Yeah, looked at hubby and said, "I'm rethinking my choices here, maybe switching to your insurance isn't such a bad idea." LOL.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorsbaby View Post
    I can't stand Kaiser, they used to be such a pain in my rear. When I got preggo the first time the doc seriously looked at me and said, "you're kinda pregnant." How in the world is someone kind of pregnant? Yeah, looked at hubby and said, "I'm rethinking my choices here, maybe switching to your insurance isn't such a bad idea." LOL.
    they were good a few years ago but who knows what has happened to medical over the years... did you hear/know that kaiser has go paperless... remember when you had any work done other than where you were at you had to take paperwork there with you... not anymore... my last app i needed to have blood work done, sitting there with this stupid expression on my face i ask dont i need any paperwork??? they said no just show them your card its in the system...
    i am glad i am going to go to balboa from the 18th on...
  10. Senior Member
    They must have gone to paper after I left, I only ever needed to have my card when I went in. I was actually born there, so I had them a while. LOL. I still can't stand them though.