Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Does anyone know???

1. Senior Member

Help Does anyone know???

Advertisements
    i wasnt sure where to put this...so im putting this here. ok my ex for the last three that we were together...(right now we're seperated but not legally...divorce papers are going in when he gets here in 2-3 weeks)..hasnt let me go to the dentist. i've been on him about it for the last 3 yrs...and then 2 weeks ago he said he was gonna get the dental plan for me and the boys...well he hasnt. and he knows that i need to go in and be seen. who would i contact for this...to get things going since he wont?

also my youngest son had sprained his leg but from the dr putting on a makeshift cast..(or whatever you wanna call it...to keep it from moving so it could heal and what not)he got a huge blood blister on the back of his heel. well thats cuz it took them almost a month to get a referral cuz the ex said he was gonna get it for him...so we wouldnt have to travel 2 hours. well he didnt...and didnt bother to tell me for 2 weeks..even tho i kept asking him. and then i called and got an appointment but he couldnt be seen for another 2 weeks. well needless to say that i found out he had the blister when i thought will was tired of spongebaths and decided to put him in a regular bath. i told the dr and she said give it 2 weeks to heal properly. well i did...its been 3 now..and its kinda getting better but it looks like hes kinda got a small hole in his heel from it. now the questions are: what should i do?...im takin him in on tuesday..but everyone says i should get tricare in trouble for waiting to so long to finally give us a referral. i mean im just looking for advice on this.

please any suggestions
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would contact Tricare and see if a referal was put in. Just keep on them.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Call Tricare.
  4. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    Yeah call Tricare.
    Siggy under construction!!!
  5. Senior Member

ok i will..they probably aint open til tuesday right?
  6. Senior Member

well we took him in and got him taken care of. thanks for the help ladies.
  7. Jo
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You can take him to the doctor whenever, as long as you have an id card. Do you live near a base? It's not up to your husband to get him a referral, you can go to any doctor or ER.

As far as the dental, your husband would have to sign you up for that.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Go to the dentist, your teeth are too important. When you call the dentist, tell them you don;t have insurance and will they give you a discount for cash. They will most likely say yes. Even without, a cleaning and checkup will not be that expensive. Also call the base hospital, they may be able to give you some help.
    the third option, if you can't afford the dentist find a local dental school. (fayettville technical college has one) (910) 678-9859. they usually do cheap or free dental exams to give the students practice.

Also, I think you can always use the medical center on base for your son.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. Senior Member

ok thanks. but we dont live near the base. right now im at home in wisconsin..no bases here.