Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: military paycheck

1. coulson21

Help military paycheck

Advertisements
    My dh just joined the Army on the 16th, and I just got his paycheck. But how does it work> I mean do they get paid monthy or bi weekly or what? I dont know how to busget cause I really dont know what to expect!
  2. RockstarMom
    1st and the 15th of every month. If it happens to fall on a weekend, then the Friday before that date you get paid. HTH
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    They get paid in the middle of the month and at the end of the month. You will also receive a LES (Leave and earning statement). This will either be a hard copy, or you will be able to get it online on the dfas.mypay website.
    You should learn how to read this and understand it. Your mates check may contain many different types of pay, some taxed, some non-taxable, some temporary, some permanent. This will help you be able to budget better once you understand why the checks are for the amounts they are. Also, the government is known to make mistakes. One big issue is if they overpay your husband (yes, this happens a lot) for a period of time. When they discover this, they will try to take the entire amount all at once. This happens more then you can imagine.
    Sorry for the long answer for the short question, but I hope it helps.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. coulson21

You guys rock!

Thanks so much I appreciate it! That explained alot!