Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare ?

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

Tricare ?

Advertisements
    I have Prime. I went to a doctor the other day and she told me "Oh I don't take prime cause they don't pay me enough. Everyone goes on Prime cause is the cheapest one so it's not the best one" I thought Prime was good. Is Standard or Prime suppose to be better?
  2. Senior Member
    I believe when doctors agree to take prime....they agree to take less money for their services. That is why you have to look for doctors who actually take prime. I am finding that I have a hard time finding doctors to even accept Tricare standard but in the past that has been proven MUCH easier than finding ones to take prime!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just because she doesnt get paid much has nothing to do with you. with prime the agreement between tricare and the dr is that what ever tricare wont pay, you dont pay out of pocket. no matter what the difference is.

prime just means that you dont have co-pays and dont have to worry about bills ever.
  4. Senior Member
    When you made the appointment did you specify that you are on prime. Sometimes they forget to ask but I always say "I'm not prime" just to let them know. She might have just recently quit taking prime (which has happened in the past to me, when we were prime). She may have been letting you know that to stay with her....you would need to switch
  5. Senior Member
    With Tricare, I'm VERY partial to standard.......ONLY because I don't run into all of the problems finding doctors to actually take prime. It's not that I think one is "better" but just more easily used and user friendly.....and yes I've tried both of the plans for many years at a time.

I also didn't like that in Maine we HAD to use military doctors. I got tired of it after 4 years, so when we moved here I went to standard and couldn't be more happy
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    She asked me which kind of Tricare I have and I said Prime. She told me that's not a good one cause I will have to pay out of pocket since she only take standard. I'm not going to see her though.
  7. Senior Member
    Can you go to the tricare office and have them set you up with a Dr.? Thats what I ended up doing. It was easy.
  8. Senior Member
    actually for me and dh tricare prime is the one we barely pay out of pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    She asked me which kind of Tricare I have and I said Prime. She told me that's not a good one cause I will have to pay out of pocket since she only take standard. I'm not going to see her though.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    Can you go to the tricare office and have them set you up with a Dr.? Thats what I ended up doing. It was easy.
    See that is what I did years ago when we lived in Jacksonville, then almost EVERY one of the doctors I called said they were filled up and not taking new patients......then I finally found a ped. for my kids and they quit taking prime about 6 months into me going to them
  10. Senior Member
    Maybe I just had super bad luck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast