Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: LES Q?

1. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart

Question LES Q?

Advertisements
    Does anyone know of a website I can go to or something where I can find out what everything on the LES means. I know what each box means, but DH's LES has way more allotments and deductions than usually and I don't know what most of the mean... TIA ladies!
    Come grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
    -Browning
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't know of a breakdown anywhere, but I would be willing to be that a lot of us might be familar with some of them! If you want to list them, we can try and help ya out!
  3. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart
    These are the new entitlements that I don't know the meaning of... SEB and FSH
    Deductions (some of these have always been there and I never asked about, stupid, I know) AFRH, SRB Payment. There's SGLI, and I think I know what it means, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Also, why are we getting BAS and having a meal deduction?
    Come grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
    -Browning
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My dh said he would be more than willing to answer any questions you had about pay..he works for DFAS
  5. Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by armywifecarole View Post
    These are the new entitlements that I don't know the meaning of... SEB and FSH
    Deductions (some of these have always been there and I never asked about, stupid, I know) AFRH, SRB Payment. There's SGLI, and I think I know what it means, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Also, why are we getting BAS and having a meal deduction?
    Off hand I'm not sure what the SEB is I can look it up when I get to work tomorrow. But the FSH is Family Seperation Pay and the AFRH is Armed Forces Retirement Home...what this is all enlisted pay this and what it does is it keep the vet homes running, SRB is re-enlistment or enlistent bonsus and SGLI is servicemember And family insurance. As for the getting the BAS if he is deployed you will see it since you are married and then you will see it taken away aswell, because when he is at home you should see it in his pay check.

i'll try to drop on here tomorrow while at work or drop Dawn an email so she can post what what the SEB means, if I don't figure it out before I get to work. Hope that helps
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    bump for armywifecarole
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Reading an LES

I have found a great Link that well explains the LES... it is the Active Duty LES Guide. You can find it on line at
    www.scribd.com/doc/361802/Active-Duty-LES-Guide

Cut and paste this link to your web browser and you will find just about all you need. Remeber the Leave section some times takes a few pay periods to catch up. Also. I recommend printing your LES and send or store it in a safe place. Not everyone remembers the Saint Louis service records fire back when ....when all the servicemans records were destroyed in a fire....