Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? about Navy Reserves

1. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....

? about Navy Reserves

Advertisements
    is anyone SO in them?? If so, did your SO go from active to reserves, or just into reserves? And if does anyone know if you get tricare if you just join the reserves??

We have now discovered that this is a new option to us. BUT I heard that you get covered by tricare while in reserves. That wasnt through a reliable source, so I'm not so sure about it. BUT Toby isnt so set on the CG anymore because they keep giving him the run around. He took his med records in to the recruiter yesterday and he had to fill out a butt load of paperwork AGAIN and now he has to get some more paperwork from whereever and bring it back within 30 days. And he is still too 'fat' in their opinion (ok, he is a 6'4" 230lbs man....how the HELL is that fat?!? He is RAIL thin!!!) So we are now looking into reserves. I figure this way, we can stay home (or move if we want to) but he will be home every night and wont have to deal with the ship. And one weekend a month is NOTHING!! So any opinions, thoughts, whatever, I'm open!!
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  2. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    we're doing the same thing, but not for another 2 years.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    best thing to do is talk to a reserve recruiter and ask him the questions. make sure it's a reserve recruiter otherwise you might get the runaround again. i think you are only covered when he is active otherwise it's just him. i think.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I was in the Navy Reserves. Only eligible for Tricare if called up for more than a specific number of days. I believe it was something like 180, but that was a few years ago. You do collect Baq and other special pay, but only during your two week active duty drill time, not during your monthly drills. It is a good way to supplement your monthly ncome though and only have to put in a weekend each month.
  5. trying to keep my head above water....
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    I was in the Navy Reserves. Only eligible for Tricare if called up for more than a specific number of days. I believe it was something like 180, but that was a few years ago. You do collect Baq and other special pay, but only during your two week active duty drill time, not during your monthly drills. It is a good way to supplement your monthly ncome though and only have to put in a weekend each month.
    Wait, I'm confused. what do you get paid?? And does only the reservist get the insurance or the whole family?

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  6. Single and Lovin' it!
    Single and Lovin' it!
    I think only the revservist gets the insurance and ONLY if he gets called to active. But there is a very strong chance of him getting called active though, and then you'd have to deal with deployments again. We are at war!
    We wont buy, while cats and dogs die.
    Save a life...get a shelter animal.

YUM...
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Reserves only get insurance if you pay a premium every month. Look under TSR on the Tricare site. TSR is what the insurance is called for reserves.

As for pay, you get paid a small amount each month for the 1 weekend drill he'll be doing. For Phil, he would of made about $300 or so a month and he would be an E-5 w/ 5 yrs in the Navy (not sure if that matters, but that was his pay grade).
  8. trying to keep my head above water....
    ok ladies, thanks!

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach View Post
    Reserves only get insurance if you pay a premium every month. Look under TSR on the Tricare site. TSR is what the insurance is called for reserves.

As for pay, you get paid a small amount each month for the 1 weekend drill he'll be doing. For Phil, he would of made about $300 or so a month and he would be an E-5 w/ 5 yrs in the Navy (not sure if that matters, but that was his pay grade).
    This is all correct. DF is in the reserves. If he had to use tricare he would get no drill pay cause it would cost that much for the premium.

And if he does get deployed the whole family will get tricare just like AD does. And BAH And everything else AD gets.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast