Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA Loans

1. Senior Member

VA Loans

Advertisements
    Anyone use one? Know much about the process? DH applied and got a call saying that we were approved for 75K. And that the packet would be here Sat for us to sign. So after you are approved for VA Loan, he said he went to the VA website. Do you have to go to a bank??
  2. Senior Member
    Um... yes and no. For our house, the bank handled most of the paperwork and we got all of our copies and everything when we closed. We didn't have to GO to the bank, but we had to call and make sure they had all the loan paperwork in order with the VA. Usually though your mortgage broker handles all of that and then you just have to go through closing. As for going to the bank, you usually have a mortgage company or bank handle your home loan. But the VA loan can only be taken out by the person that is or was in the military-my name isn't on ours because we couldn't have it on there. It's on the deed to our house, but not the loan itself.
  3. Lela
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjones0520 View Post
    Um... yes and no. For our house, the bank handled most of the paperwork and we got all of our copies and everything when we closed. We didn't have to GO to the bank, but we had to call and make sure they had all the loan paperwork in order with the VA. Usually though your mortgage broker handles all of that and then you just have to go through closing. As for going to the bank, you usually have a mortgage company or bank handle your home loan. But the VA loan can only be taken out by the person that is or was in the military-my name isn't on ours because we couldn't have it on there. It's on the deed to our house, but not the loan itself.
    I work for a mortgage company and we allow the spouse to be on the loan as long as one of them is in or was in the military... Maybe I am wrong on that... i don't deal with VA loans as much as I do FHA... but its set up in our system that we can...
  4. Senior Member
    We have just done a VA loan. Our lender handled the whole process, we just submitted what was needed. We are both on the loan. DH is active duty, I have never been in the military.
  5. Senior Member
    thanks yall