Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Military Ids..

1. MarksGirl0107

Question Military Ids..

Advertisements
    Once we get married what do I have to do to get my military id and how long will it take??

DF hasn't done it in so long he doens't remember.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

you can get your ID the same day that he takes you in the office to get your info in the system & your picture taken
  3. MarksGirl0107
    I know we have to take our marriage lisence anything else that I need to take?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think that you might need to be added to his page 2 and into the DEERS system.

It has been almost 12 years since I had to do that, so I could be wrong.
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    He'll need to go into the DEERS office, get you added to his page 2, and then you get your ID. You need your marriage license, birth certificate, and a photo ID. You might want to bring along your social security card as well...I can't remember if I needed mine.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I went in 6 years ago and we didn't need much of that stuff. Just our marriage liscence. This do change though. Just call up pass/id and they will tell you what you need.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. mary kathryn
    Im totally lost.
    my husband is in japan and im doing this id thing by myself.

im located in northern kentucky so i tried calling the reserve station in cincinnatti and wright patt air force base in dayton. neither place would help me. the reserve station never answered the phone and never returned any of my calls and wright pattsaid they couldnt do anything because 1) he isnt here and 2)i dont have an 1172(?) whatever that is.

i am so desperate i even called his recruiter to help me and he is giving me the run around just as bad as the other 2 places i called.

im at my breaking point. i have no lcue what to do or who to talk to.
    im supposed to be moving to japan in late january/ early february and im so frustrated by this id card chaos that i cant even be happy about seeing my husband in a couple short months.

please help.

-katie
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mary kathryn View Post
    Im totally lost.
    my husband is in japan and im doing this id thing by myself.

im located in northern kentucky so i tried calling the reserve station in cincinnatti and wright patt air force base in dayton. neither place would help me. the reserve station never answered the phone and never returned any of my calls and wright pattsaid they couldnt do anything because 1) he isnt here and 2)i dont have an 1172(?) whatever that is.

i am so desperate i even called his recruiter to help me and he is giving me the run around just as bad as the other 2 places i called.

im at my breaking point. i have no lcue what to do or who to talk to.
    im supposed to be moving to japan in late january/ early february and im so frustrated by this id card chaos that i cant even be happy about seeing my husband in a couple short months.

please help.

-katie
    The AF base should have been able to help you. If your dh is already out of boot and at his first duty station then the recruiter won't be much help to you. If you are on his page 2 ( ask hubby to be sure) then you can go into any Base and get an ID made. You just have to have the things that the ladies mentioned. Marriage license, birth certificate, other form of id like a driver's license or state ID. I am wondering why your dh didn't get your ID with you before he left the country?

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. mary kathryn
    we were both told that he had to report to his duty station (okinawa) before he could get me into DEERS.

i just talked to him and he said he will try to get me the dd 1172 form asap.

i just dont understand why gettin a plastic card with my picture on it is so hard.

10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mary kathryn View Post
    we were both told that he had to report to his duty station (okinawa) before he could get me into DEERS.

i just talked to him and he said he will try to get me the dd 1172 form asap.

i just dont understand why gettin a plastic card with my picture on it is so hard.

Oh ok I take it you got married before he left for his next duty station. and yes you need the dd1172 form before you can get an ID. unless you have POA then you can just go in and get it with that.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.