Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay...how does it work??

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused Pay...how does it work??

Advertisements
    So, I was told we should get paid while my hubby is at basic... he's been gone a while and still no check... also some one else I know whose husband left a few weeks befor mine just got their check and she got like $1000 less than their pay rate and no sign of BAH or separation allowance or anything... I don't understand. I thought we were supposed to get paid and get BAH and separation allowance and food allowance and all this other stuff and we haven't seen it. Anyone else have this problem ?? What can I do?? My bank account is getting low... I already had to sell my house...
  2. Armylove
    I would ask him, and get him to take a look at it. You get paid the 1st and the 15th of everymonth, unless you have it set up to get paid only once a month. I have no idea how BAH works while in basic, but I am pretty sure he dsoent get a food allowance, since they are feeding him, and he dosent have to pay out of pocket for his food. The pay rate is low during basic, he gets paid as an E1 or E2 untill he graduates, I cant remember which one it is.

How long has he been gone? Do you know how to check his mypay?
  3. Armylove
    Oh and seperation pay I believe only kicks in when he has been gone 30 days or more. I dont know though.
  4. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart
    He should get his basic pay plus BAH and separation pay. He needs to go talk to someone and ask about it. You should also get his mypay pin number so you can go on there and check it.
    Come grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
    -Browning
  5. Armylove
    Yeah, your best bet is to look at his mypay, is his check suppose to be direct deposited, or a check sent to you? I didnt know you could do a check though... I could be way wrong. But if he got sent a check, how would you cash it?
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    What is mypay and how do i see it? I cant talk to him cuz he's in basic...i've written him but i haven't gotten any letters from him...all i got was the thing to get my ID card.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    What is mypay and how do i see it? I cant talk to him cuz he's in basic...i've written him but i haven't gotten any letters from him...all i got was the thing to get my ID card.

mypay is where you look up the sm pay but he will have to signup and since hes at boot i'm sure you probably won't find out the password unless he tells you...as for your pay it will take time for you to see any of the pay....how long has he been gone? as for food allowance you won't see it because hes using it...and family sep doesn't kick in until the 31st day of them being gone. so have some patience it will come.
  8. Senior Member
    Fort Lewis, staying in MI until the baby comes
    It felt like forever before we got our first check deposited. It took over a month but there was "back" pay included in that. no food allowance until after training since they are feeding him. Seperation pay and BAH are given to you though.
  9. Senior Member
    Im going into thirty days of my DH being in basic and I still haven't recieved a paycheck either. I think it's all a waiting game next time you are able to talk to him ask him for his MyPay Pin and you'll be able to see when to expect the pay and how much. Im in the same boat hang in there hun I feel the Pinch
    Mrs. Samantha Northway
  10. Keisha
    I would just call his recruiter and ask him how it works. That would probably be the fastest answer for your question.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast