Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Doc question

1. I <3 you Mo Cha Cha
    I <3 you Mo Cha Cha

Doc question

Advertisements
    I have been going to the heath dept. to get birth control for about 2 years. But now i am married so i dont think i can go. Im on Tricare. Do they pay for BC or do i have to pay? How does it work?

2. msdarbonne
    Tricare pays for BC as long as you get it on post. They still pay for some if you get it at a pharmacy (like Walgreens) but its free on base.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm on Tricare Prime and I get mine dispensed free at the Naval Hospital Pharmacy.
  4. Senior Member
    yeah its free as long as u get it on base, if you go to an off base provider who accepts tricare, you will pay like 3 bucks for it
  5. Senior Member
    I was going to add that you have to establish care, I think, with a military provider so they can prescribe it. Though, you may be able to bring in a prescription from an outside provider to have it filled but not real sure about that. I think you might need to be on Prime still. So, probably not much help from me appears to be the case.
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by msdarbonne View Post
    Tricare pays for BC as long as you get it on post. They still pay for some if you get it at a pharmacy (like Walgreens) but its free on base.
    If you're on Prime, it's $9 for name brand prescriptions and $3 for generic. Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and TONS of other pharmacies accept TRICARE.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by msdarbonne View Post
    Depends on what you use though. some brands the on post pharmacy doesn't carry, especially the newer ones. those have to be bought out in town. But like someone else said a lot of places accept tricare.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    Depends on what you use though. some brands the on post pharmacy doesn't carry, especially the newer ones.

That's true. They did change mine awhile back because they stopped carrying what I was originally prescribed.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was about to ask the same question. I've been getting mine at Planned Parenthood. If I go in and get my prescription, and take it to Walgreens...they'll fill it for me and charge Tricare? Or do I need to call Tricare first?

Normally I wouldn't be so easily confused but it's so many new things to get used to all at once...
  10. msdarbonne
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    Depends on what you use though. some brands the on post pharmacy doesn't carry, especially the newer ones. those have to be bought out in town. But like someone else said a lot of places accept tricare.
    Eh, the base I was on had the NuvaRing. I was shocked at that.