Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allotments from pay...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Allotments from pay...

Advertisements
    Just wandering if anyone uses an allotment for anything like rent and such. We were told that the amount you put in is taken out bi-monthly, but when I was trying to set it up on MyPay for our rent it said to enter the monthly amount and I couldn't find anywhere that said the amount would be taken out bi-monthly. TIA
  2. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    We had an allotment for our mortgage. Dh set up the monthly amount to be paid, and they automatically divided it evenly among checks. The way I understood it was that it came out of the total pay for the month, along with everything else, then they divide for mid-month and end-of-month out of what is left. So you don't actually see it coming out as two separate amounts.

Hope that helps!
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    We were on allotment at Bridge Pointe, and are out here for housing (you have to be)... I believe all allotments are set to be taken bi-monthly. You might have Josh see about setting it up through PSD if he can.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    We set up an allotment on Mypay for DH since we are apart, and it takes it all out on the first paycheck. If didnt give us an option for the bi-monthly like you would like.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    We had an allotment for our mortgage. Dh set up the monthly amount to be paid, and they automatically divided it evenly among checks. The way I understood it was that it came out of the total pay for the month, along with everything else, then they divide for mid-month and end-of-month out of what is left. So you don't actually see it coming out as two separate amounts.

Hope that helps!
    I thikn that helps...LOL...I am guessing then you aren't really missing a lump sum out of one pay check then, right

Quote Originally Posted by EN1MacsWifey View Post
    We were on allotment at Bridge Pointe, and are out here for housing (you have to be)... I believe all allotments are set to be taken bi-monthly. You might have Josh see about setting it up through PSD if he can.
    He tried but they told him to do it on Mypay...I'll be pissed if he could have done it right then and there and they just told him that
  6. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    I think it depends on how far in advance you set it up versus the first payment, as to whether or not you'll be missing a lump sum in one check.

I think we set ours up at the last minute, so we did get the whole amount taken out at first from one check, and then it normalized to be half/half.

But when we cancelled the allotment last month, we had an 'extra' half of the mortgage set aside that we got back, so it balanced out in the end.

Definitely be prepared for the first check to be screwy, and then it should be normal after that.

Of course, as with all things military pay, they could do it totally different for you then they did for us!
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
    I thikn that helps...LOL...I am guessing then you aren't really missing a lump sum out of one pay check then, right

He tried but they told him to do it on Mypay...I'll be pissed if he could have done it right then and there and they just told him that
    You won't be missing a large sum since it's divided over both checks. Much easier on the budget...

He could have done it right there, but a lot of people at PSD and Personal Property both have gotten lazy..LOL.. DH used to go to PSD for all the allotment stuff! He now does it online. Housing set up the allotment for us out here.

and thatís all I need

8. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    I think it depends on how far in advance you set it up versus the first payment, as to whether or not you'll be missing a lump sum in one check.

I think we set ours up at the last minute, so we did get the whole amount taken out at first from one check, and then it normalized to be half/half.

But when we cancelled the allotment last month, we had an 'extra' half of the mortgage set aside that we got back, so it balanced out in the end.

Definitely be prepared for the first check to be screwy, and then it should be normal after that.

Of course, as with all things military pay, they could do it totally different for you then they did for us!
    I agree about the first check being screwy, since it will all depend on when the allotment gets started. It will work itself out though.

and thatís all I need

9. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and we set it up and cancelled it by a paper form from PSD (or maybe Admin for his command). Dh didn't trust MyPay for exactly this reason - it's not clear. At PSD (or wherever it was) they told him exactly when it would start and how much would come out of the first check, etc.

Maybe he should try again, and say that he's having problems with mypay?
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well, it wouldn't start until thie paycheck on the 15th...we could hold off and do the end of the month. He reports on the 9th and could just have PSD take care of it then.
    Thanks ladies...I have him on the phone right with his work because I am too impatient...either that or he just wanted me to shut up because i kept asking him questions about it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast