Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need Expert Advice

1. JustBeingGinger

Help Need Expert Advice

Advertisements
    Here is my situation.

I am a girlfriend of a Sailor. I am 31 weeks pregnant.

I am not sure that my boyfriend and I are going to be together after the baby. I need to know from ladies out here what rights does my child have and how do I go about getting those rights fullfilled for her.

He said that he would put her on his page 2 and his insurance but what do I need to do to get that started? Will the Navy require a paternity test for this to take place since we are not married? If he decides to be a asshole about everything what are the steps I need to take to make sure that everything is in place for her.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    the navy will require a paternity test before she can be put on his page2, but don't know about the other stuff. good luck
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Nothing can happen until after the baby is born. You would go to court to establish paternity and for child support. He would have to fill out a paternity affidavit saying he's the child's father. If he refuses, then the court can order a DNA test. In order to be put on his page 2, you will need the DNA test. To collect child support you would need to submit a copy of the court order.
  4. Senior Member
    i know nothing, but i just wanted to give you some s and tell you that i love you

5. Kmadden55
    i dont know much either, but i do know that pp was right, nothing can happen until baby is born. I'm sorry you have to go through that kind of stress, i hope things get better for you!