Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DEERS

1. mermom

Nutts DEERS

Advertisements
    Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, but I'm clueless. Is there a way to find out if hubby enrolled me into the DEERS program without actually talking to him? That sounds horrible, but he's in BT right now, and the 2 times I've gotten to talk to him, DEERS wasn't exactly on my mind.

Secondly is it possible for me to get a military ID and enroll in tricare while hubby is still in BT? The recruiter made it seem like I could, but after talking with several military friends the general consenus was I needed to have hubby's signature.
  2. Armylove
    Im not sure about the whole deers thing, but if he did he would have the paperwork for it. And from the best of my knowledge you cant sign up unless you have your deers paperwork and and ID for tricare. And I had to have my husband with me when I got my ID even though I had my deers paperwork because I didnt have POA. Next time you talk to him, just ask
  3. Senior Member
    I think you need your dh's social and stuff, they might only need yours I can't remember, but you can call the deers enrollment number and just tell em you want to verify that you either are or aren't enrolled, the number is 800-334-4162. I did this to check on my son's enrollment because dh is deployed and it's easier for me to deal with checking on things and stuff like that then asking him. Hope it works out for ya, good luck!
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    You need a POA to obtain a military ID. And you need a military ID to handle anything else...
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    You can also view and check LES statements to see the number of dependents he has. Not sure if one gets LES statements while in BT though.
  6. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    on AKO there is a page where you can check to see who is enrolled into your sponser's deers.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You will need a copy of DD1172 to get your ID and once you have that you are enrolled in DEERS its just 2 things that go together I know I got my ID while dh was in boot and I didn't need a POA or him all I needed was my DD1172
  8. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    While in basic training they should send you a letter for you to take to the ID office... this will enroll you in DEERS as well as get you a military ID card.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE