Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: This is a first for us

1. Kym

This is a first for us

Advertisements
    Hubby goes to a school in Nov and won't transfer until March. When do we get our moving money? Will it be in late Oct or Feb????
    Also, once he detaches from this command can we get on the housing list where we are going in March or do we have to wait until school is over with and do it in March???
    KYM
    TK
    I don't know, but wanted to wish you good luck.
  3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Talk to JudyB-she would know as they've been going through this crap!
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    It depends.. if you have to leave your current station to go to school you should get a partial Travel claim from current duty station to school, then the rest from school to final destination..
    Example:
    We transferred from Whidbey to Texas, with a school in Florida before Texas. So they paid a partial claim to get him to florida and we get the rest when he is out of school for the move from Florida to Texas.
    Now there are differing opinions and everyone has had a different experience, but in my experience, you normally can't get on the housing list till you are checked into the new command. However I have had housing tell me, why you could have just faxed over the orders.. blah blah blah... So best bet is to call your final destination and ask them their policy.. Don't stop with the first person who answers the phone, ask to speak with the head honcho. I hope all this helps.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Kym
    Thanks

I know we have to be detached from his current command before getting on housing list there but he detaches from this command in Nov and goes to school from there.
    Heck, all this has changed so much this morning. Now I am being told that I can't set up the move until a week or two before he graduates school because they may graduate early or graduate late. Over sixteen years of navy life and NOW this shit happens to stress me out
    KYM
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My understanding is this:

If you are going there from here then you can get on the housing list per his detatchment date. Tho his orders do have the TAD school on there and they might go from graduation for it. If you dont go there then they can backdate it. but you cannot get on a housing waitlist until you are there and detatched. Your best bet would be to call the housing you are going to be at and find out for certain. Things have changed so much that this move for us is all weird because of how different things are now then from before. If you are staying here while he is in school I dunno if they will allow you to get on the list or not. I know in CA I put all our info down and filed out and its in a pending list. I have 30 days from his detatchment date to go there and get on the actual list. But I have to go in person

As for your move money I dont think you get it until you actually move (housegoods set up etc) I could be wrong.
  7. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    is his detailer paying for his school? or is his new command? If his new command is paying for it, you *should* be able to check into housing where you are going. If the detailer is, you can't check into housing until he checking his new command, and then it will backdate to his checkout date from the previous.
  8. Kym
    Oh God this is confusing.
    KYM