Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Switching Tricare regions

1. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*

Switching Tricare regions

Advertisements
    Since Im about to move from NV, to TX I have to change from Triwest to Trisouth! How do I go about doing this? I need it done pretty fast since Im pregnant and Reagan might need to be seen for something. I went to the Tricare office here before we checked out and they acted like I couldnt do it here. How did you ladies do it when it became time? Im not going to be in the same place as my husband so its going to be a little different than just going to the base and having him take care of it!
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Just go to the tri-care office at the hospital in your area and they will help you do what you need to to switch.
  3. Senior Member
    When I went from Texas to Colorado I had to change everything at Ft Carson's DEERS. And then the same when I moved back to Texas, had to go to a local base and change it there.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    Just go to the tri-care office at the hospital in your area and they will help you do what you need to to switch.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    dont change anything till you get to where you are going. you are already established with a dr at your current place. if you have an emergency you just call them and have it put in the system to be paid. once you get to where you are going. go to the tricare office there and you will fill out paperwork for portability. the change will be effective right then and there.
  6. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Thank you ladies, there is a base in Ft. Worth so DH and I are going to go there in the next few days while hes still with me!