Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prescriptions?

1. seanswife32

prescriptions?

Advertisements
    So I just switched to tricare prime and i got a letter the other day showing my new PCM and everything but I was wondering how the prescription works? can i transfer my script from walgreens to somewhere else so it will be cheaper?
    TK
    The only place I know that is cheaper than out in town is the base hospital. I also use Walgreens. Love their drive thru. For me, $9/brand name script is well worth it and definitely quicker than Balboa. Not to mention I live 1.5 hours from there. Maybe someone else will have more info. Good luck to you!
  3. seanswife32
    Well I don't know why my script is $20. It was $9 before but in March it increased for some reason.
  4. Senior Member
    I have Tricare Prime and I get all of my prescriptions filled at Portsmouth naval hospital and then the refills at Scotts Annex so that I pay $0! I have a LOT of them though.
    TK
    Hmmm. I don't know. The prices at network pharmacies are the same in the states no matter if you're prime or not. http://www.tricare.mil/pharmacy/default.cfm

Sorry I couldn't be any help.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Filling it on base or another MTF is cheapest, its free. However, they do not carry all Rx's. If you get it filled at a civi pharmacy (almost all take Tricare), the prices will be the same: $3 for generic, $9 for brand name, or more for non-formulary drugs (as in, not on their list). Those can be any price. I'm on one that costs $22 to fill every month. Other ones I go to the NTC clinic to fill for free.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  7. Senior Member
    Ya, I have had to have my doctor change different prescriptions b/c the pharmacy on base didnt carry it but unless she wants to pay for it... too bad! Otherwise they'd be $22 each at 10 prescriptions every month ... hell no! So the over $20 might be the nonforumulary stuff.
  8. Armylove
    walgreens charges me 3 bucks but on base its free. So I dunno
  9. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    Yeah getting your prescription's is cheap on base..I know atleast when I ever get anything from there I dont pay anything..but when I go out in town I pay a bit of money.
  10. bunkie
    Quote Originally Posted by aubrey View Post
    Filling it on base or another MTF is cheapest, its free. However, they do not carry all Rx's. If you get it filled at a civi pharmacy (almost all take Tricare), the prices will be the same: $3 for generic, $9 for brand name, or more for non-formulary drugs (as in, not on their list). Those can be any price. I'm on one that costs $22 to fill every month. Other ones I go to the NTC clinic to fill for free.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast