Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about insurance

1. myseabeesangel

Question about insurance

Advertisements
    My husband transfered from Navy Reserve to AD Army and I got all of the paperwork from Ft. Sill. I got our ids made this week, but I am really lost right now. My Dh is in WTC and I have no clue what kind of insurance we have, who I ask, or what is all covered under the insurance. Where or who do I talk to in order to find out this information? Also I know the id card is the insurance card, but is where somewhere on there that can tell me anything bout the insurance? Thanks for your answers.
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Are you talking about car insurance? If so the insurance card should have the name of the company and policy #. Their should also be a 1-800 # for you to call. The same with house or health. The card should atleast have the name of the company on it. Most company's have 1-800 #'s to help you out.
  3. myseabeesangel
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    Are you talking about car insurance? If so the insurance card should have the name of the company and policy #. Their should also be a 1-800 # for you to call. The same with house or health. The card should atleast have the name of the company on it. Most company's have 1-800 #'s to help you out.
    No, I am sorry, I guess I thought everyone would understand that I was asking about health insurance with Tricare, since we were in the benifits forum. All the stuff with the house, car, financle, sorry but I have that down pat, but thanks for your your help though. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what kind of insurance the Army gave when our So's joined.
  4. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Quote Originally Posted by myseabeesangel View Post
    No, I am sorry, I guess I thought everyone would understand that I was asking about health insurance with Tricare, since we were in the benifits forum. All the stuff with the house, car, financle, sorry but I have that down pat, but thanks for your your help though. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what kind of insurance the Army gave when our So's joined.
    Normally Tricare is the insurace of the military! Your SO is automatically placed on prime. You have to enroll your family in prime within I believe 60 days or you will automatically get standard.
  5. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    If your DH has enrolled you in deers and put you on prime then you should just call whatever base your DH is affiliated with and your dr should be at there medical clinic...if you need more information or what not try going tohttp://www.tricare.mil/mhshome.aspx
  6. msdarbonne

Big Grin

I had the same questions when I joined my husband on base. I went to the hospital on base. They had a tricare office there and they set me and my daughter up with Tricare Prime and assigned us physicians. If you are on or near a base, you can try going to the hospital and asking the front desk if they have a Tricare office. Since you already have your ID then you are enrolled in Deers. You shouldn't have any problems.