Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another tricare ?

1. Nicholyse

Another tricare ?

Advertisements
    I just found out my aunt has TB... I lived with her for 3 months, but no one else in the house contracted it. I want to get tested, but going to the Fam. practice on base I feel will take forever. Will they pay for titers at a walk-in clinic perhaps? It shouldn't be too much for it, but honestly, I don't have $30 right now to pay... if no one knows, I'll just have to call them
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    you should be able to call in and tell them on base the situation. They should be able to call you in a lab order to test it! Good luck!
  3. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    I had a tb test in hawaii and it was sooo quick and easy. I just went to the preventive medicine part of the clinic, asked for a tb test, she poked me and said to come back in i think it was a week. But I also did that through my work, so I dont know if they knew we were coming or what cuz they just had us go whenever we felt and they just added it to our timechart.
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  4. bunkie
    It shouldnt take a long time for them to give you the TB shot. They just do it, you leave and come back in two days, they glance at in and its done. Maybe 30 minutes tops to be checked in, vitals and have the injection done.
  5. Nicholyse
    I know how it goes, I've had a couple before and we did them at the clinic all the time for daycare workers, etc. I'm just worried it's going to take forever and a day to get the actual appt. I called yesterday and the nurse said she would put in a message, but no call back yet.. I'm sure they're busy. Last time I called (in March), they said it would be middle of may before I got to come in for diarrhea and vomiting?? Haha.. it's a joke.
  6. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    call and ask them when walkin clinic hours are
  7. Senior Member
    Also, you could always try the Health Department. They usually have very reduced rates and some services are free based on how much money your household brings in.

They'll probably do a two-step test on you since you were exposed to it. Good luck!!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Senior Member
    You should just be able to walk in to the immunization clinic without an appointment and get it. I have never had to get an appointment to be tested.
  9. Nicholyse
    Thanks, ladies I'm going to call and see when they're open.
  10. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    I was just able to walk into the immunization clinic and get mine done. Just get your chart from the records department so they can document it in case you need it for anything in the next year or so and then go pull a number and wait... then you have to have them read it 48 hours to 72 hours later. No shorter or longer or it is void.

Good luck girl!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast