Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: family seperation pay

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

family seperation pay

Advertisements
    you get it if you're hubby is gone for more than 30 days right? will there be a thing on the LES that says FSA with the amount?

dh will be gone just over 30 days. so we get it, i believe. but i haven't seen it. does it take a while to go through? will we get it after he comes back? i'm trying to figure out why our first pay after he left was so big, and i assumed it's from him going from E-3 to E-4, and it was the back pay. cause there wasn't anything on the LES that said FSA

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    He won't start getting it until he's been gone over 30 days. So you might not be getting yet.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    you only get a set amount each month so if they're gone just over 30, i'm not sure if you'd get that... or you'd gert a small amount for just that month... not positive how it all works

Family Separation Allowance

A servicemember with dependents is entitled to a family separation allowance (FSA) of $250 per month. This is in addition to any per diem or other entitlements such as family separation housing allowance presuming that:
    • Movement of dependents to the permanent duty station at Government expense is not authorized. This presupposes that the dependents do not already live at or near that station
    • The member is on duty on board a ship away from the home port of the ship for a period of more than 30 continuous days
    • The member is on temporary duty away from the permanent duty station for a continuous period of more than 30 days and the dependents do not live at or near the temporary duty station
  4. Senior Member
    It may come on the next payday. Also he may have to ask for it. When John went to VA for school he ended up being gone for exactly 30 days but he didn't ask for the FSA so he didn't get it.
  5. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    Dh got back two weeks ago from being underway for 102 days and he talked to the YN on his boat and the seperation pay won't go in until the June 15th pay check.. sometimes it takes a payday or two.. HTH

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
  6. Senior Member
    there is no partial sep pay, it is either all or nothing. you arent eligible for it until the 31st day that they are gone. also when you get new pay for getting promoted there is no "back" pay

7. mgboyd08

Confused

What do they consider "close" to home base? My husband leaves Aug. 12 for boot camp in san Antonio and i about 2 hours north east of Dallas. thats a long ways. and do they base the BAH on San Antonio or where we actually live? Can someone please help with this?
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgboyd08 View Post
    What do they consider "close" to home base? My husband leaves Aug. 12 for boot camp in san Antonio and i about 2 hours north east of Dallas. thats a long ways. and do they base the BAH on San Antonio or where we actually live? Can someone please help with this?
    They base his BAH based on his HOR ( home of record) So you would get BAH for Dallas.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    It will take about a month and a half to two months from the time he left for you to get it
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  10. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

He'll have to request it with finance and depending on how long he is gone he can choose to have it as monthly altoments or one lump sum at the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast