Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marriage guidance

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Marriage guidance

Advertisements
    Has anyone been to the marriage counselling seminar run by the navy? If so, what does it entail?
  2. Breezy
    are you talking about the retreats?
    Sorry can't help you
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Apparently it's a 4hr long seminar held on base. That's about all I know!
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I've never heard of it. We just took the pre cana classes, those ones are for if you are getting married in a catholic church.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I know they offered classes like that in Guam. But I thought they were more for couples already married and if I remember correctly you needed to get it approved by his chief or something like that.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've found out what it is!! It's a seminar for sailors who want to get married - they're given a checklist that they have to complete before they cen recieve the affidavit (sp?) of competency to marry. The seminar has a lot of advice on married life and parenting etc.

I also found out that apparently, I have to have several blood tests, a pg test and a pap smear before they'll allow us to marry!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I had to do all the medical stuff in order to get command sponsorship. But I did it after we got married and that was no problem. No pregnancy or blood test though. Just the normal medical they do when you go overseas./
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have to do extra stuff for command sponsorship - this is just to get hitched! I made a joke to df that I feel like I'm marrying the navy- I must admit a cold shiver went down my spine as he replied that I kinda am
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Let's see. For command sponsorship DH had to put in a request chit, and then the whole medical stuff. For us to get married he only had to go to the psychologist guy to talk. I don't see why it would be so different for you?
  10. NavyFiance08
    okay, here goes the Navy Newbie :-) sorry guys :-( I'm lost. What is command sponsorship? How can the rules vary this much with requirements for marriage and so forth within the Navy? some posts say you don't have to do anything extra just whatever the state you are getting married in requires, others say just medical (what does medical entail?), and some say you have to have "premarital classes" and medical. etc. I'm very confused! and DF is deployed :-(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast