Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: GYN...

1. Loving my sailor!
    Loving my sailor!

GYN...

Advertisements
    do you have to get a referral from your primary care provider to go to the Gyno for a pap?! Oh and i have Tricare prime...if that matters.
  2. Senior Member
    if you don't have a naval hospital or any other military hospital and if they don't do that at the naval clinic then you have to get a referral. if you have questions just call tricare and they will answer them.

3. Senior Member
    Your primary care provider should do your PAP. At least mine does. I've only been referred to Gynocology once for something that was beyond the PCMs expertise. I would suppose it might depend on the facility you go to though. Just contact your PCM and find out what they want you to do.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I go to a clinic on base and I have to have referrals to go to the GYN. I have prime also.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD View Post
    Your primary care provider should do your PAP. At least mine does. I've only been referred to Gynocology once for something that was beyond the PCMs expertise. I would suppose it might depend on the facility you go to though. Just contact your PCM and find out what they want you to do.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I was told by Tricare (Triwest) that no referral was needed for OB/GYN care. Personally, I have never needed a referral for OB/GYN care. My primary care has been under both military hospital and civilian providers and I have Tricare Prime. In both instances....no referral was needed. Give Tricare a call...they will tell you right away.
  7. Senior Member
    Personally, I've learned not to ask Tricare anything. I will get five different answers from five different Tricare reps for the same question. I talk directly to the facility/clinic and PCM first and see what they say, then go to Tricare. But this is just from my own personal experience with them. Tricare frustrates the hell out of me because I can't ever seem to get a straight or accurate answer from anyone there most of the time. So I avoid talking to them as much as possible.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    same here nikki
  9. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    Yeah my primary care dr did my last pap. I would call and ask when you make an appt and see if he/she does them or not. If not then they will give you a referral.
  10. brena18
    Generally if all you need done is the annual check-up then your PCM will do it. Then if you need true OB/GYN work done, like the pap results ore abnormal or this is for a pregnancy then they can put in a referral for you to go to the actual OB/GYN. I agree with the posts here though about contacting your PCM and not Tricare about this. Your PCM or his/her office should be able to tell you if they do routine Paps or if they need you to come in and be referred out.