Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD Tricare Prime gals...

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

SD Tricare Prime gals...

Advertisements
    Ok where do I go?! Where's the Tricare office?! Is it only at Balboa? I so know where Balboa is!!! Do ALL regular Tricare prime patients go to Balboa or are there military clinics around town?!

Sorry I sound clueless, but we were never stationed there. I just grew up there in the civilian world. I'll be there for 3 months which is why I need to turn my and E's medical records into whatever clinic there.

TIA!!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The Tricare office is at Balboa. I don't know the building number (I think it's #3) but it's right at the very start of all the buildings. So as you are driving in, it's in the first building, on the south side.

I think Balboa is full for babies and mommies too.... Riley goes to Miramar and lots of others go to Children's Hospital, and I go to UCSD in Mira Mesa. HTH!
  3. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    You don't have to turn in the records just keep them with you just in case you have to go to the Doctor or the ER. When I moved here I got my records the 1st of June and didn't take them into the hospital until the very end of August. My son got sick the end of July and I just took him into the ER and let them know I just moved here. San Diego is tricare West just like Hawaii and Washington so that is why I was able to take him in without a problem. I hope this helps you out some.
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Thanks you two!!!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We all go to NTC, I think if you are new to the area they will take peds, otherwise I heard they are not. There is another clinic in Chula Vista, off of L street, and that one is fine too. I switched when we moved up here.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    the kids and i go to NTC too. love it. dont have to deal with the parking issues. there is also a tricare office on Miramar. at least there used to be.
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I just went to the one here on 32nd today... They were very helpful, and DD and I are getting to see Civilian drs. closer to our place instead of Balboa...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

8. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    There is a Tricare office on Miramar located in the same building as the pharamcy.

32nd street has one located above the ID Center/outdoor nex/car wash place.

Balboa has one at the hospital.

OR you can get the forms BEFORE you move and have them filed before hand so you are already set up when you get here. I did that with Timmy last year before he got to Iowa so he could have an appointment the day he got there.

9. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    We go out in town for all our services w/ tricare prime....there are many sd Drs. that are available to use.
  10. Senior Member
    there's also a tricare office at NTC back behind the pharmacy...Balboa is the only place open to peds right now and there's NOTHING for OB open so it's all civilian drs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast