Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prescription Weight Loss

1. miss.p

Prescription Weight Loss

Advertisements
    I'm wondering if anyone is on/has been a prescription drug for weight loss or appetite suppressants. If you have, did you have to go through your PCM or something else? Please let me know any information because I'm clueless!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Actually Ive been told by two drs that they dont perscribe them. They will give you appointments to nutrition but thats about it. Its something about they arent safe and whatnot.
  3. Senior Member
    Tricare won't pay for anything other than nutrition classes which are normally provided by the base. Diet pills aren't a permanent solution to weight loss so that's why they won't prescribe them. They want you to commit to a life style change and get permanent results that way. I asked a couple of years ago and that's exactly what I was told. I am right now in the process of getting on a pill BUT I'm paying for it out of pocket.
  4. Senior Member
    My docter prescribed phentamine to me about 2 years ago. Tri care didnt pay for it ,but it was only $28 a month. I loved the phentermine (a little to much). You are not suppose to take it for longer than 3 months,and I lost 30lbs. When I got off of it I gained it all back and then some.
  5. miss.p
    Quote Originally Posted by mary79 View Post
    My docter prescribed phentamine to me about 2 years ago. Tri care didnt pay for it ,but it was only $28 a month. I loved the phentermine (a little to much). You are not suppose to take it for longer than 3 months,and I lost 30lbs. When I got off of it I gained it all back and then some.
    That's what I'm wanting to get on. Did your PCM prescribe it?
  6. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    I'd be too scared to take a weight loss pill, but believe me I'm more than tempted too.

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  7. miss.p
    I'm dying for one. With everything I struggle with I need it. Because if it comes down to it I'm opting for lipo, and I'd rather save thousands and get a pill. I know that once I get the weight off I can stay at that weight, but getting it off is the hard part. My body is so weird. I work out everyday and most of the time I don't eat more than 500 calories but still I have a hard time losing it.
  8. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    I'm dying for one. With everything I struggle with I need it. Because if it comes down to it I'm opting for lipo, and I'd rather save thousands and get a pill. I know that once I get the weight off I can stay at that weight, but getting it off is the hard part. My body is so weird. I work out everyday and most of the time I don't eat more than 500 calories but still I have a hard time losing it.
    500 calories isn't enough to keep your metabolism going where it needs to. Ideally you don't want to go below 1200 calories and then your body won't feel the need to KEEP everything. It's in survival mode right now trying to store everything it has so your metabolism is going to be REALLY low.

Honestly.. the BEST diet I've ever tried and I've done diet pills and all that, is the one I'm on right now... Weight Watchers. You eat healthy and it's really something you can continue after the weight is gone and not be jumping right back into the same eating habits, but no pill to help keep you from gaining it back.

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  9. Senior Member
    im on the medifast diet plan and I have lost the same amount in the same amout of time on phentermine. I did get it from my pcm. He was more than happy to give it to me and I was only 40lbs over wieght at the time. I wouldnt ever take it again though. When I quit taking it after 3 months it was horrible, I think I was addicted.
  10. miss.p
    I was on Weight Watchers before and I just didn't like it. I'm a vegetarian so I'm already limited in what I eat. Right now I'm living with my family and I don't personally grocery shop so I just go with whatever is in the house, and usually there isn't much for me to choose from. I know 500 is low but I can never seem to be able to eat much more. If I eat anything past about 4 pm, my body rejects it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast