Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: question about bah/rent allotments for off base housing

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    43.5%

question about bah/rent allotments for off base housing

Advertisements
    We just moved to our new duty station and have rented a house through ahrn.com. The landlord had us set up an allotment for our rent to come out of my husband's pay. We moved in Sept 28, and paid for Sept and Oct up front. I hopped onto Navy Federal to see what pay my husband has coming tomorrow and it shows his normal amount he gets (including bah)... Does that mean the allotment didn't go through this month and we have to pay the landlord up front again for November? (I hope not). Or does it go through on the Nov 15 and Dec 1 paycheck for November (or just Nov 15??)? I'm confused as to how it works.

Any help would be great! Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%
    How did the landlord set up an allotment to come out of your husband's pay? Shouldn't it just be a direct deposit payment out of your bank account? If that is the case, if you already paid for September and October, I wouldn't expect the money to come out until November 1st.

I've never heard of a private renter being able to obtain access to your husband's pay before it hits your bank account. I'm curious if it's possible.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    43.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    How did the landlord set up an allotment to come out of your husband's pay? Shouldn't it just be a direct deposit payment out of your bank account? If that is the case, if you already paid for September and October, I wouldn't expect the money to come out until November 1st.

I've never heard of a private renter being able to obtain access to your husband's pay before it hits your bank account. I'm curious if it's possible.
    We are renting through ahrn.com so my husband filled out a form so that the landlord could get his rent money in the form of an allotment from his pay, meaning that instead of us getting the money for bah and giving it to him, it would go directly to him. At least that is the way it was explained to us... My husband is going to the finance dept now to figure out what is going on...
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%
    I just googled it and that's interesting! I'm willing to be it's either a finance issue or something on the allotment side that didn't go through. I'm hoping it gets worked out soon!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Moderator
    Lv. Percent
    82.87%

It depends on when the allotment was put in.

Anything put in before the 5th kicks in the 15th paycheck. So then the 6th-19th, is for the 1st of the following month. Then 20th-5th is the 15th of the following month.

Does that make sense? Itís kind of hard to type out
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%
    It depends on when you submitted it and when finance does it. Him speaking with them is a good idea because sometimes it takes longer than one might expect.

Honestly, setting up autopay through your bank would go through faster and you don't have to worry about stopping it.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

I feel like that's shady as hell. It takes more time to deal with an allotment through finance than a direct deposit through a bank... It the allotment doesn't get set up properly, takes too long, whatever, instant late fees. If you have to cancel it for whatever reason and don't do it on time, landlord still gets the money. I'd be talking to the landlord and having it pulled from your bank account instead of paycheck.