Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Nail removal

1. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    38.03%

Nail removal

Advertisements
    Basically... I'm getting married next Friday and my current doctor tells me I've picked up a nail fungus and my nails are on the way to being ingrown if i didn't start lifting them with the tool she gave me. I was given antibiotics and then sent home with instructions to only use them if the area turned red and swelled. However that was Monday and I've been in more and more pain ever since. And what's worse is I am pretty much without healthcare because of the marriage so i can't easily have them removed.

I googled Tricare and nail removal but i can't quite tell if it's something covered under Tricare standard. Anyone have any recent experience who could tell me? I'll keep trying to research but Im kinda terrified and not sure what to do other than try to get back in for a blood test maybe and to start antibiotics while I wait out the next 1-3 weeks until my certified certificate comes through.
  2. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Lv. Percent
    12.62%

I'm not sure about standard but on prime you could get treated at the podiatry clinic at your nearest military hospital. Both of my son's big toe nails are ingrown and that's where he is getting seen. We had to get him a referral from his PCM though.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  3. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    38.03%
    Hmm thank you that makes me feel a tiny bit better. I think FI wants to get me onto prime anyway. Guess I just have to manage to live through the next 1 to e weeks x.x

Do you think if i called standard they could tell me if it's covered even though I am not back on it yet?
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%
    Yeah on prime I got my ingrown toenails taken care of on two separate occasions and didn't pay a cent. Idk anything about standard though.
  5. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    38.03%
    Thank you That's reassuring. Guess that's what we'll work for. Did they give you any pain meds for after? Last time I had any kind of surgical treatment I had to take heavy pain meds for 2 weeks after and ibuprofen for almost 3 months after to deal with the leftover ouches x.x I'm nervous they'll tell me to just take advil x.x
  6. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    80.19%
    If you call Tricare, they can tell you what is and isn't covered. I have called a few times about what's covered for pregnancy stuff and the ladies I spoke with were very nice and told me what my out of pocket expense would be for procedures and such.
  7. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    38.03%
    Thank you. I'll try to do that on monday
  8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    81.29%
    I see a podiatrist on Standard all the time. I self refer since I don't need referrals on Standard.
    BubMunkeyBles