Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Separate clothing allowance??

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Separate clothing allowance??

Advertisements
    So I know how the regular clothing allowances work. However my husband is at the NSA and the shop that he is requires they were civilian clothes. He's already done everything he needs to do to get the allowance, however we're wondering how long it usually takes to get something like that since it's not dependant to his enlistment date. Anyone have insight?

Thanks!
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    if memory serves when hubby was in similar type of unit it took about 2 months. I suggest your hubby get minimal what he needs and then just wait for the reimbursement. He likely will not get the allowance prior to when he needs to start. he will get two allowances, one for military clothes, one for civilian.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you! He's already received his yearly clothing allowance, so he'll be just getting the allowance for civilian clothing. He purchased things he's needed already. Luckily, he already dresses the way they want him to, so he hasn't had to buy much.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearlyconfused View Post
    Thank you! He's already received his yearly clothing allowance, so he'll be just getting the allowance for civilian clothing. He purchased things he's needed already. Luckily, he already dresses the way they want him to, so he hasn't had to buy much.
    yes he will get an additional allowance.. save it, or use it however you wish.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't