Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kids living in another state!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Kids living in another state!

Advertisements
    Hey there. I'm hoping you all can point me in the right direction.

My husband's kids live in another state and are seeing a doctor on a base close to them. What is the best way to get information on their appointments and any diagnoses? He isn't being provided information as he should and he is concerned that if he calls, he won't be able to actually speak to a doctor because for him, he can't ever call his personal doc on base and actually request a call back. Obviously he can't make an appointment to go talk to the kids' physician and can't attend an appointment. Is here a way for him to be able to request a call from their PCP to get info on a serious recent diagnosis of one of his kids? He's very scared and needs answers.

Thanks for the help!
  2. Senior Member
    They will want verification that he is legally allowed to obtain information regarding care, treatment and diagnoses. They may ask for a copy of his custodial agreement showing that he has joint legal custody. Aside from that, he should be able to leave a message with the nurse line and request a return call. I've never had an issue getting a return call from my PCM.

I am required to inform any clinic where my daughter is being treated that I share joint legal custody 50/50 with my ex and to keep a copy of the custodial agreement on file.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you so very much! This is very helpful to know!!