Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Military Id

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Military Id

Advertisements
    I Know I Can Get my Military Id by myself, without having to bring my airman. But how does that work? Has anyone done it this way? Is There a particular form that he needs to get me ?
  2. Regular Member
    If you're going to do it by yourself you will need a POA specifically for DEERS as well as two forms of ID and your marriage cert/license. The POA is something your Airman will get from the JAG office

If you're going to your local base to do it on your own, look up hours of the DEERS office and if they take appointments or have walk-days. If you go as a walk-in get there early because the line gets long fast!
  3. Senior Member
    1172 B...also can be submitted.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Is there a reason why your SO can't be with you? It seriously makes it so much easier. It's a pretty quick process once you're actually in the office.

But definitely go in the morning if you don't make an appointment as the DEERS system tends to break and they can meet their max walk-in allotment pretty quick.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela124 View Post
    I Know I Can Get my Military Id by myself, without having to bring my airman. But how does that work? Has anyone done it this way? Is There a particular form that he needs to get me ?
    He needs to sign the DD1172 if he's not going to be with you at the ID appointment. You may find this link helpful: http://www.cac.mil/docs/required_docs.pdf
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Is there a reason why your SO can't be with you? It seriously makes it so much easier. It's a pretty quick process once you're actually in the office.

But definitely go in the morning if you don't make an appointment as the DEERS system tends to break and they can meet their max walk-in allotment pretty quick.
    Yes to this! We made an appointment and I'm glad that we did because there were a lot of walk-ins that came in after we arrived and it was packed.