Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BWE/Milconnect help

1. Regular Member

BWE/Milconnect help

Advertisements
    Hey, every time I log into my Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) and Milconnect account I get alerts. It basically states that my SSN is wrong on my account, I figure the guy who set up my account when I got my ID put it in wrong. Do I physically have to go in and get this resolved myself? Or can my husband go in with my SS card and military spouse card and do it?

This is what my alert says:
    "Your Social Security Number (SSN) in your DEERS record has not been verified by the Social Security Administration (SSA). Verification is done by policy for all TRICARE beneficiaries and may fail for a number of reasons. Your SSN may have been mistyped when you were initially registered in DEERS or there may be a mismatch between DEERS and SSA on your date of birth, gender, or name."
  2. Senior Member
    Did you change your name when you got married? If so you should have also changed it on your SS card. I would probably go in with your husband since your information is wrong. It might make it easier to fix and I'm pretty sure they'll need his informtion as well.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Did you change your name when you got married? If so you should have also changed it on your SS card. I would probably go in with your husband since your information is wrong. It might make it easier to fix and I'm pretty sure they'll need his informtion as well.
    That could be it. I did change my last name, when I got my spouse card it was under my maiden name on my SS card. We told him we planned on changing my name. It has my new last name on my spouse card.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem01 View Post
    That could be it. I did change my last name, when I got my spouse card it was under my maiden name on my SS card. We told him we planned on changing my name. It has my new last name on my spouse card.
    Not sure what a spouse card is, unless you are meaning your military ID.

The person at DEERS should not have entered your married name, they should have entered it as your legal name on your Soc Security card.

It will be a process to change it, because you have to take all the documentation with you, and you will have to get a new ID card.

The ID card has to match what is on your SS card.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Regular Member
    Thanks everyone, I went in today and got it all fixed. I should be up to date.