Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enrollment help, new spouse

1. Regular Member

Hello Enrollment help, new spouse

Advertisements
    Hey I just got married and I'm still trying to figure out this whole enrollment process.

I just barely went on the beneficiary web enrollment website and processed tricare and dental. I know that dental doesn't start until May but how long does it take to approve Tricare? I chose my plan and primary care manager. I signed up for tricare standard but it shows prime. From what I understand, prime you can't choose your doctor's. I already have a OBGYN and a neurologist do I need to choose new doctors now?

Will I get an email and insurance card? I went to fill a prescription and I still had to pay a co-pay. I thought that tricare paid for everything.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Off base pharmacy you will always have a co pay. On base is free. Standard off base you will have co pays and max out of pocket. Prime on base is free.
    You insurance card is your military ID
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    Even tricare prime has to pay if you get something filled out in town. Anything filled on base you won't pay.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would call Tricare to make sure you're in fact enrolled in Standard. But still call your drs and make sure they accept Tricare Standard. Not all drs do.

Military pharmacies will be free of charge but in town you'll have a co-pay no matter if you're prime or standard. For my ODD, we pay $10 every month for her Concerta.

And your ID serves as your insurance card. When they ask for your insurance card you just hand them that.
  5. Regular Member
    If I switch over to pick up my perscriptions on base, do I need to be there or can my husband grab them?
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem01 View Post
    If I switch over to pick up my perscriptions on base, do I need to be there or can my husband grab them?
    If they're normal meds he can, if they require a signature you need to go (perhaps you can have a note but I don't think that worked for us last time we tried it).

Also keep in mind the base pharmacy is really slow, so plan accordingly. For example where we are, they require three full business days for a refill and they constantly have random days that are not business days because they're closed for meetings or family days.

I take a lot of meds and based on need I get them in town or on base.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    If they're normal meds he can, if they require a signature you need to go (perhaps you can have a note but I don't think that worked for us last time we tried it).

Also keep in mind the base pharmacy is really slow, so plan accordingly. For example where we are, they require three full business days for a refill and they constantly have random days that are not business days because they're closed for meetings or family days.

I take a lot of meds and based on need I get them in town or on base.
    All prescriptions weather they were mine or the kids have always needed a signature even for advil. My husband has been able to pick up the meds for me at least for on base.
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    All prescriptions weather they were mine or the kids have always needed a signature even for advil. My husband has been able to pick up the meds for me at least for on base.
    I mind as well stay with Smiths. lol I just need to call them because initally I signed up for standard but now it says prime. I have my OBGYN and another doctor i've used for years. I don't want to go to anyone else. Or maybe I can get a physical and have the new doctor refer me to my own preferences.
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem01 View Post
    I mind as well stay with Smiths. lol I just need to call them because initally I signed up for standard but now it says prime. I have my OBGYN and another doctor i've used for years. I don't want to go to anyone else. Or maybe I can get a physical and have the new doctor refer me to my own preferences.
    Have you verified your doctor accepts Tricare?
    Tricare standard is not free. And if you get scripts in town, you have to be sure where you go accepts tricare as well in order to get it for the $11, otherwise you could pay a lot for them. Also, some bases do not allow standard, for various reasons. So I would call Tricare to verify you can be on standard, and verify that your doctor(s) accept Tricare.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Have you verified your doctor accepts Tricare?
    Tricare standard is not free. And if you get scripts in town, you have to be sure where you go accepts tricare as well in order to get it for the $11, otherwise you could pay a lot for them. Also, some bases do not allow standard, for various reasons. So I would call Tricare to verify you can be on standard, and verify that your doctor(s) accept Tricare.
    I called my doctors and they all accept Tricare. I was able to call Tricare and get everything fixed. My base does have standard so I was able to change back to that. It seems like every time you call Tricare or even dental you're put on hold for at least a half our or listen to the auto system. Is everyone changing over from Metlife Dental to United Concordia?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast