Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Child Care

1. Senior Member

Child Care

Advertisements
    Does full time/active duty members get free child care for infants and toddlers if you use a base facility? How is the child care on bases affected by this hiring freeze that happened earlier this year?
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I don't think it's free (but I could be wrong, maybe a parent that's used it recently can chime in). I think when you PCS and when your SO is deployed you get a few hours per month that can be used? I recall hearing about that on various occasions but never paid close attention since we don't have children.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    No child care is not free. It's based off your pay and the spouses pay.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Senior Member
    So I use hourly care at our local base. It is 4 bucks an hour and its not full time. I use it when I volunteer for the NMCRS or when I really need to get things down w/out lugging the 2 kids in and out of the car. As far as the freeze it depends on the base. I know some bases had to shut down or even take their hourly care out for a while but currently not all bases/post are doing that. Mine at least has not been changed.
  5. Senior Member
    It isn't free and is typically significantly more expensive with two parents working than what you can find elsewhere. But we enjoyed it when we used it.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    We use on post child care, we both work full time, and it is expensive. However, the convenience is worth it to us.

It is right down the road from our house, everyone is extremely nice, and the hours are good. They provide formula for formula fed babies, all you provide are labeled bottles, diapers, and wipes. We pay 265 every two weeks, so 530 a month. I have found places off post that were 500 a month, but so much farther away.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    We use on post child care, we both work full time, and it is expensive. However, the convenience is worth it to us.

It is right down the road from our house, everyone is extremely nice, and the hours are good. They provide formula for formula fed babies, all you provide are labeled bottles, diapers, and wipes. We pay 265 every two weeks, so 530 a month. I have found places off post that were 500 a month, but so much farther away.
    Not a parent yet, but looking into daycare pricing and that is so cheap. Around here if you want any kind of legitimate establishment you're looking at $1k+ per month.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Not a parent yet, but looking into daycare pricing and that is so cheap. Around here if you want any kind of legitimate establishment you're looking at $1k+ per month.
    I think it varies by area. We are moving to Fort Hood in April, and I was looking at facilities there. Private facilities, with cameras in each room that you can watch online, gated, etc.. Are still in the 600.00 a month range for one infant.

Everything around Bragg, that I have seen is 500 a month for an infant. The private church daycares are a little more than that but nothing close to 1,000.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    That's how it was in the centers I worked in. I was a infant teacher off post in San Antonio and it was between 800-900 for an 6week-12month infant. It was much cheaper on post.

10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post

Yeah that's cheap. Area does depend so much. We are looking at $700-$800 for an infant with no formula provided.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast